Creator II
Creator II

Calculate average session time

Hi All,

I have a simple table with these columns:

User, SessionDuration

A, 00:37:01

B, 01:40:02

I would like to create a chart that shows the average session time vs the share/proportion of users. Y-axis shows average time and X-axis shows the proportion of users in % like this: 0% 10% 20%

Is this possible? How?

Thankful for any suggestion..

Br

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I think to do that , your class expression would be the 'calculated dimension' and count(distinct [User]) would be the expression.

When used as a  dimension you add the dimensional context using the aggr() function. Like this:

classaggr( avg(SubField([Session Duration],':',1)*60+SubField([Session Duration],':',2))  , [User])  ,10)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok, another approach -  I did this in a Straight Table:

Dimension - User

Expression: class(avg(SubField([Session Duration],':',1)*60+SubField([Session Duration],':',2)),10)

Now this gives me a table like this:

User, Range

A, 90<=x<100

B, 90<=x<100

C, 80<=x<90

Now I would like to count the users within each range so I get this:

Count(user), Range

2, 90<=x<100

1, 80<=x<90

How can I do this? I have been trying with "aggr"-funtion but I dont get it to work....

Any suggestions?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I think to do that , your class expression would be the 'calculated dimension' and count(distinct [User]) would be the expression.

When used as a  dimension you add the dimensional context using the aggr() function. Like this:

classaggr( avg(SubField([Session Duration],':',1)*60+SubField([Session Duration],':',2))  , [User])  ,10)

mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Jonathan. Works great! I did it wrong with the aggr() on the outside.