cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avoiding Circular References

Hi,

I would like you to help me with the following issue.

For example I have some data from our ERP in QlikView. For information: We have 7 OnlineShops.

Now I import data (via QVSource) from our Google Adwords Account and the challenge is, that the managers of the different shops are able to compare the costs from Google Adwords with the sales in our ERP.

I try to show our QlikView database structure in a simplified example.

Screenshot_5.png

The ERP data and the adwords data are linked via MasterCalendar. This enables us to choose calendar weeks, month, ...

If I now would link the ERP Shop field with the Adwords Shop field, I would get a circular reference. I think, there must be an easy way to compare data from different sources splitted into single shops and I think I've got an error in reasoning.

Could you please help me..I feel like theres an absolute easy way and I'm blind at the moment...

Thanks in Advance

Oliver

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

You need either a different key between Invoices and Adwords maybe a combined key like:

autonumber(Shop & '|' & Date) as KEY

so that you could use only one key to master-calendar or if this isn't suitable a second master-calendar so that each fact-table gets a own calendar and/or matching both fact-tables to a single table - for this see also:

Why You sometimes should Load a Master Table several times

Canonical Date

- Marcus