Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply Map Not Working

I basically have a job title that I want to add as a field into several tables. Syntax is:

Map_JobTitle:

[Full Name],

[Job Title]

From etc ...

ApplyMap('JobTitle', [Preparer Name]) as [Job Title]

What am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Map_JobTitle:

Mapping LOAD

[Full Name],

[Job Title]

From etc ...

ApplyMap('Map_JobTitle', [Preparer Name]) as [Job Title]

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Map_JobTitle:

Mapping LOAD

[Full Name],

[Job Title]

From etc ...

Not applicable
Author

First parameter is the table name so it should be

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

David - Please give the Mapping Table Name as the Parameter1 and it should work...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rookie mistakes. Thank you all very much.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Having another issue. The apply map is returning no results when I apply it to several different tables ... Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

synthetic keys?

- if you are re-applying the map, giving it the same names, and if the the table already has a link then i would assume it's the synthetic key/Loop?.

else the values in Prepare Name and the  Full Name do not match. or does not exist.

Question:

must you apply the map to several tables? are they linked together any anyways?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it several different tabs on the same spreadsheet. I pretty much just want to put the employees Job Title in the same table that their data exists. I can work around this by linking tables via an "AS" clause but I thought ApplyMap would be more effective.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey David.

could you please press Ctrl + T in your QV application, to look at the "table viewer" if there are dashed lines all over it means that there are loops within your application, or any synthetic keys

this may be cause by adding the job title to all the tables that their data exists.

meaning your tables already had existing links, and you're adding identical fields into other tables. QV then looks at those identical fields and links them, therefore creating a loop or synthetic keys.

to solve this i suggest you

1) rename all your fields if you want to keep it that way, however it will mean you will have more than 1 job title field. and may be confusing, and not a good practice

or

2) map the job title to only one table, and have linked automatically via the links already created in your QV apps.

- data in QV should flow through if linked correctly