Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terry_kim1
Contributor II
Contributor II

App in AccessPoint/AJAX not working for few users

Hi Team,

Been having some issues where some of the Users are experiencing following issues with a particular App:

1) OnSheetActivate Trigger isn't working for some of users and working for few other users.

2) Users experiencing issue (1) is also finding when they make selections, App seems to go into a loading loop (loading icon on mouse cursor) but nothing happens. When they refresh browser or hit back/forward on their browser selections appear but each time new select is made browser need to be refreshed for it to appear. 

Issue occurs in IE / Chrome and Edge for some of the users. It seems like users who don't experience this issue seem to have newer laptops/hardware. 

Would you know what could be causing this and any way to fix? 

Thank you,

Terry

Labels (4)
3 Replies
dapostolopoylos
Creator III
Creator III

From my experiense, Edge isn't too friendly with QlikView...

Check that the plugin of the users is updated to the same version of the QlikView Server and also check that the internet options on those machines aren't prohibiting the execution of Javascript, after all AJAX is Javascript... 
Old and weak hardware can also cause problems... 

Father/Husband/BI Developer
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@terry_kim1  I would suspect you may have a network load balancer in place in your environment and that is what is causing the 'reconnects' etc., as there needs to be a persistence cookie etc. by the NLB to lock the user to a specific QVWS instance, if that changes in the middle of a session, we have to do things over again due to the change in the connection, there is a checksum used to determine if the connection has changed etc...  About the only thing of which I can think that explains things.  I would see if the users having the issue have anything else in common in relation to those that are not experiencing the issue, best I have for the moment.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
terry_kim1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your response.

So far we have noticed that users that don't experience the issue have:

-Newer laptops (better CPU and RAM) by couple years

-Use AccessPoint more frequently than users have issues

It also appears that issue only occurs in one of the Apps and only on two specific sheets. We're thinking if there is too much calculation for Users with older laptops causing the issue. I'm not sure how to investigate deeper into this.

Kind Regards,

Terry