Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Aged Debt Analysis In Qlik

Hi All

I'm really struggling on this one hoping someone can help. I am attempting to create an aged debt report in Qlikview based on a ledger table which plots entries into a table against a customer. When a customer is invoiced (say £120) an "Initial Entry" type goes in at a given date (say 15th November). When the customer pays, we then enter an "Allocation" into that table (of £-120) and lets say they pay January 5th. This would result in a current balance of £0 - no problem with that. 

It's easy enough just to produce a table showing the current balance for that customer (which would be 0) but what I want to do is a report which will show the balance over a number of months. So in this example the desired "Balance" (expression) I would want to be:

November: £120

December: £120

January:      £0.

I hope that makes sense, I've attached an image showing a table and the desired result. sniptable.PNG

Thanks for any help!

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have loaded your table into QV document and then created a pivot table. In the pivot table I have put Customer No as the dimension and 3 expressions.

1 - sum(if(DATE<= '30/11/2012',TOTAL,0))  --> Named it Balance by Nov

2 - sum(if(DATE<= '31/12/2012',TOTAL,0))  --> Named it Balance by Dec

3 - sum(if(DATE<= '31/01/2013',TOTAL,0))  --> Named it Balance by Jan

I hope this help!

MultiView

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have loaded your table into QV document and then created a pivot table. In the pivot table I have put Customer No as the dimension and 3 expressions.

1 - sum(if(DATE<= '30/11/2012',TOTAL,0))  --> Named it Balance by Nov

2 - sum(if(DATE<= '31/12/2012',TOTAL,0))  --> Named it Balance by Dec

3 - sum(if(DATE<= '31/01/2013',TOTAL,0))  --> Named it Balance by Jan

I hope this help!

MultiView

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks very much!