Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Active Directory and Document CAL Settings

Hi,

i have a few problems in setting my Documents access properly. I made 2 different configurations but i could not get the desired result.  I hope someone can help me.

STEP 0:NEITHER AD NOR LDAP CONNECTORS

Users can acces to the panel because the machine is in the domain

STEP 1: USING AD CONNECTOR

I set ActiveDirectory connector as LDAP://myad.it (i tried  also LDAP://DC=myad,DC=it and LDAP://dc-01.myad.it/dc=myad,dc=it as well) but the

What I've been trying to do is to set up permissions to  each single document for users but there are several errors which make  me think the configuration I made is not enough:

1. When I search for users nothing is returned, neither if I specify the full name nor if I use a regex like part_of_name*
  2. from logs it looks like an error trying to reach the AD

23/10/2012  13:04:33.1312967    Warning     (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Exception while initializing  LDAP://myad.it: There is no such object on the server.

23/10/2012  13:04:33.1312967    Error    (DSC.DirectoryFramework) setup path not  successful for user '' at 'LDAP://myad.it':       System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030):  There is no such object on the server.

at System.DirectoryServices.SearchResultCollection.ResultsEnumerator.MoveNext()
        at ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider.SetupPath(String _path, String _username, String _password)
         at DSC.DirectoryFramework.SetupResource(Guid id, String type, String  path, String username, String password, IDictionary`2 newSettings)

23/10/2012  13:04:33.1312967    Warning    (DSC.DirectoryFramework) Setting up  adDSP 'LDAP://myad.it' wasn't successful: There is no such object on the  server.

STEP 2: USING LDAP CONNECTORS

I setup an LDAP connector and everything changed because i could search for users (this means that the problem lies on the AD) but i came through new errors:

1. all the users added to a document are in the form dsp1\system.byte[]
  2. even if I add a new user to the list of Assigned Users for a Document, when i try to open the document with that specific user i get the error: Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account. Please contact your system administrator!
  3. only if i set Allow dynamic CAL assignment, users can open a doc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone have an idea on  how to address this issue?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone have an idea on  how to address this issue?