cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Access Database Connection Issue

Using Qlik View Server 11/2018 SR3. User created a  32 bit connection string on his local machine as :

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=ABC.accdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=6;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False];

This works fine on his machine but the server is 64Bit machine so the connection string for server was created successfully as 

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=ABC.accdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=6;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False;Jet OLEDB:Limited DB Caching=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass ChoiceField Validation=False];

But when running on the server it fails with the below error 

Error: Connector reply error: ErrorSource: Microsoft Access Database Engine, ErrorMsg: Cannot update. Database or object is read-only.

Any idea whats going on here 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Please consider it resolved it was a local server error the Sharepoint site wasn't inclued in the trusted sites under IE 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am a little confused at the moment, had a response done with a screenshot, and then realized you apparently had created the proper connection string, so the only thing I can assume is the version of the source document on the server still has the OLEDB CONNECT32 in it, not the OLEDB CONNECT...  I would open the source document in question and confirm the Connect statement in the load script has the correct call there, as that is the only thing that would make sense here.  

That being said, I did catch the statement about read-only in the error, and I realized there are a couple of extra parameters in the non-32bit connection string:

Jet OLEDB:Limited DB Caching=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass ChoiceField Validation=False];

You may want to remove those and see if that works, as that is the only thing I see other than the 32 v non-32 in the Connect To...  This way you are truly comparing like strings as well.  Best I have for the moment, the only other thing would be whether the script that is being run is actually trying to do an update in the database, as if that is the case, the connection string will likely need to be modified to allow that too, when things run on the developers machine, that may be handled without that in the connection string...  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Please consider it resolved it was a local server error the Sharepoint site wasn't inclued in the trusted sites under IE