Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataEnjoyer
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to find how a field is being calculated.

I'm working on converting some reports from QlikView over to SSRS.

I'm looking for this calculation in particular (screenshot). I know that REMAINING_HOURS is not an actual column in the OPERATION table in the database and that there's a calculation being done to get REMAINING_HOURS.  I can't find how it's being calculated though.

When I go to Edit Scripts... and look at the Operation tab, I don't see anything referencing REMAINING_HOURS.

I'll also say that Production Schedule is a report within this .qvw and that I'm also not a frequent or seasoned user of QlikView.

Could anyone point me towards where I can view how this field is being calculated?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

It is definitely from the data generated by the script, can you search for it in all tabs.

DataEnjoyer
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes, I did look for it in all tabs and did not find it. I searched on key words and didn't turn up anything. Since it's a report, I *think* I found it in the Sheet settings although the calculation still doesn't make much sense.

marcus_sommer

Make sure that you are really looking for REMAINING_HOURS and not OPERATIONS.REMAINING_HOURS because it's very likely that the OPERATIONS is added by a qualify statement and not a part of the origin load.

Further you may need to look through the entire ETL chain from where the field is coming because it might be loaded with the wildcard * and therefore not directly named. Also thinkable is that this field got it's name per a rename-statement with a mapping or (include) variables.

Looking for the source of a field may require multiple steps but it's quite easy and shouldn't take very long. Open the table-viewer and look within tables where your field occurred - then closing the viewer and going into the script where the table is loaded and there you the source. Now go to this source and you may repeat this approach ones or twice but diving deep enough you will find the origin source.