Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sschiller
Contributor II
Contributor II

Technical settings in SAP for /QTQVC/ tables

Hi,

in SAP, I see table /QTQVC/STATUS defined with active flag "log data changes" in technical settings. By this, a log entry is written in table DBTABLOG. How can those entries in DBTABLOG be deleted and is it really necessary to log data changes on this table? Or how to get rid of this table as we do not have change permission for /QTQVC/ namespace.

Regards,

Sebastian Schiller

Labels (1)
  • Other

14 Replies
sschiller
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No one with experiences on this? How do I get support?

marcus_sommer

I'm far away from having knowledge of SAP but I think it's the default behaviour from SAP that if any data are changing that this will be logged. Further AFAIK nothing should be deleted within SAP else it's important to track each new record and/or the change of an existing one. If anything is wrong an appropriate change on the values and/or a revers record needs to created - and will be logged. This depends purely on SAP respectively your company permissions how they would like/must handle the processing.

But this doesn't mean that you need to keep all data within Qlik else you could delete unwanted data there or maybe better just to flag them with 'old', 'invalid', 'data-quality score of X' whatever ...

- Marcus

sschiller
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Markus,

thanks for the reply. As I see it, the question has to be answered by someone who knows about the provision of data in SAP. The mentioned data base tables within the QLIK namespace and their setting are in responsibility of QLIK and I hope that someone can answer this as the settings mentioned can be a DB and storage killer - especially in a memory data base environment as HDB.

Looking forward a hint from technical support or where to reach out for this.

Regards,

Sebastian

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if I understand you right but I assume that you have a SAP connector and pulling with it data to Qlik. There may a more or less advanced wizard included to test the connection, search for tables, choosing fields and maybe even do some simple transformation - but in the end it's just a SQL statement which is executed from SAP.

Like with all other data-sources you will need an incremental logic to handle bigger data-sets. Implementing one may not be trivial but within the community and also outside are various examples how it might be done:

How To Master QlikView Incremental Load (quickintelligence.co.uk)

- Marcus

sschiller
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

no, this is not my question. 

We have received SAP coding in namespace of QLIK, were we find the mentioned table /QTQVC/STATUS defined in SAP DDIC with technical settings of active table change logging. And this table is obviously for movement data type where many entries are written. This causes a high load of change entries that are obviously unnecessary. A support request of our customer to me is now hoe to reduce the load of change logs!?

But this can only be changed by the owner of the table which is QLIK obviously. Do you have a support for the SAP side implementations?

Regards,

Sebastian

marcus_sommer

@Sonja_Bauernfeind could you help on the matter respectively forwarding it to the right guys?

- Marcus 

Doner
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,
Has the matter been resolved?
Does the "log data changes" flag have to be active?

FloHero
Contributor II
Contributor II

sschiller
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

partially resolved... as we do not have received any technical feedback, the root cause is still present (active flag in technical settings, cannot be changed in the installed environment as the namespace is protected). This is something that must be done in source development system and potentially updated. For me this is a bug in deployment.

We added some of the /QTQVC/-tables to archiving object BC_DBLOGS to reduce the load in SAP's change log table DBTABLOG. Now we have at least a constant instead of an increasing load coming from these tables.

Regards,

Sebastian