cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III

Run QlikView QMC Publish Tasks after a trigger is met

I'm currently using QlikView April 2020 SR2 and NPrinting 2020 (and yes, I know we are outdated). 

I am looking for ideas on how to handle the following requirement; it has 2  parts.... triggers to kick off the Qlik ETL process (a chain of publish tasks) which when done and the final app exists in Access Point triggers to kick off NPrinting publish tasks to produce reports. 

We have a need to kick off a certain Qlik ETL process 3 times and would like it automated based on getting a trigger each time.  Right now, we have 3 emails that go out which get sent from Oracle or SS databases after data exists in the database tables that Qlik and NPrinting need... email 1 states "Group A can execute" meaning (a) run the Qlik ETL process and when done then (b) run the NPrinting reports that uses the Qlik UI from that ETL process.  Then email 2 is delivered and states "Groups B, C, D can execute" the same.  Then the final email is delivered and states "The rest of the Groups can execute".

Can QMC publish tasks leverage outside email notifications or what other means can we try to trigger our QMC tasks?

What options does NPrinting provide to trigger report publishing tasks based on some event?

And should I also be concerned if an NPrinting report is running against a qvw, that same qvw is getting published again upon the 2nd or 3rd "trigger round"?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @kdmarkee221
For the NPrinting part of your potential solution, NPrinting APIs can be used to execute Publish Tasks and or NP connections after a reload of a QMC Task.
For more information visit the following links:

You should indeed ensure that your QVW is reloaded first in the QMC. QVW should not be reloaded concurrently with an NP publish task and or NP connection execution.

Using NP API code in load script of a QVW, to execute execute NP connections / publish tasks as a dependency of the QMC QVW reload.

NPrinting does not have event based triggers built into the NP web console. 

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction. Our professional services team could be engaged to help you develop an end to end solution.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @kdmarkee221
For the NPrinting part of your potential solution, NPrinting APIs can be used to execute Publish Tasks and or NP connections after a reload of a QMC Task.
For more information visit the following links:

You should indeed ensure that your QVW is reloaded first in the QMC. QVW should not be reloaded concurrently with an NP publish task and or NP connection execution.

Using NP API code in load script of a QVW, to execute execute NP connections / publish tasks as a dependency of the QMC QVW reload.

NPrinting does not have event based triggers built into the NP web console. 

Hope this helps to guide you in the right direction. Our professional services team could be engaged to help you develop an end to end solution.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'll look at these links, thanks.