cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedexin_40
Contributor
Contributor

QlikView is not exporting some tables to excel

Some tables are failing to export to excel, the message error says "Export failed. Please check server logs for more details", also screenshot is attached

I followed this KT https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Unable-To-Export-Large-Objects-To-Excel/ta-p/1711909, but is is still not working in QlikView server logs I can see this error

"20220719T132013.000-0400 20220721T134036.000-0400 1 300 Error System: XlsxExport: Exception(3) is caught. Normally this is caused by over-sized excel file.Please check the Cpu time and Memory Limit for excel export feature. Now we have time limit of -1 seconds, and memory limit of 0 MB. e1d1b127-bd59-4c8e-95b5-3261da669c3b"

Even I have tried to change the QvExportTimeLimitSec and QvExportMemoryLimitMB for really huge values but getting the same error, in the logs I can see that the new value is updated but still failing

The error is thrown after a few seconds,  as I said at the begging only some tables are failing, the big ones, but that's why I am changing the values of QvExportTimeLimitSec and QvExportMemoryLimitMB, am I not?

Thanks for your comments

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The size of the data shouldn't be cause the issue. The log-entries say that there are issues with the meta-files respectively the meta-services and this hints rather to wrongly set access rights, for example allowing an Excel export within the document-properties and/or the qmc-settings or not.

Further related may be the shared-files which is easily to check by creating a BACKUP of it and removing it and trying the export again.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Looking at the attached Event log, the first thing you need to do is clean up all the errors. Especially, the AAALR errors.  Once the errors are gone, then work on the export issue.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/SE-LOG-when-AAALR-1072-471418-is-greater-than-1-000000-we/ta...

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@fedexin_40 

What version of Qlikview are you running in your environment?  How big are  tables that are failing? It may be necessary to limit on the size of the Excel export.  We may need Qlikview Server Eventlogs to further troubleshoot this issue.  

fedexin_40
Contributor
Contributor
Author

One of the tables I want to export has 95 rows and 55 columns, the excel size is (I copied the data manually) 48KB

So really they are not big tables, attached the event logs

marcus_sommer

The size of the data shouldn't be cause the issue. The log-entries say that there are issues with the meta-files respectively the meta-services and this hints rather to wrongly set access rights, for example allowing an Excel export within the document-properties and/or the qmc-settings or not.

Further related may be the shared-files which is easily to check by creating a BACKUP of it and removing it and trying the export again.

- Marcus

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Looking at the attached Event log, the first thing you need to do is clean up all the errors. Especially, the AAALR errors.  Once the errors are gone, then work on the export issue.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/SE-LOG-when-AAALR-1072-471418-is-greater-than-1-000000-we/ta...

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.