cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator

QlikView Upgrade 12.70 to 12.80 Testing QlikView IE Plugin Issue

I have a fresh 12.80 SR1 Single Server Test environment setup for testing prior to upgrading our 12.70 production environment.  I'm having trouble with the IE Plugin.  Here's what I'm getting:

qvd1rkqv_0-1707159591876.png

I have the MS Edge browser setup for IE Mode and that is working fine. 

I have all the server firewall rules set to allow all the Qlik ports. Copied from production. 

I can open apps in AJAX fine. The PC has the matching 12.80 SR 1 QV IE Plugin installed.  Also I'm getting the same error when attempting to open apps in my 12.70 production environment which resolves when I revert back to the 12.70 SR2 version of the IE plugin.  

Any help/guidance is appreciated. 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qvd1rkqv,

What is the full build version of the IE Plugin client? 12.80.20100? And you are attempting to access a QV Server that is build version 12.70.20200?

If this is the case see the resolution in article Open in Server fails using QlikView Desktop May 2023 or later against earlier version of QlikView Se... and set the SessionAlgorithm=CALG_AES_128 in the Settings.ini file, or use the v12.70 SR of the IE Plugin client.  Note that both the IE Plugin client and QV Desktop use port 4747 and the session algorithms need to match those of the QV Server.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Please take a look at the below link and the setting that was introduced.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/QlikView-12-80-set-a-different-Session-Algor...

qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator
Author

If this test environment is a fresh install for all the QlikView services then wouldn't I be able to add the line to the client Settings.ini file for the default session algorithm?

SessionAlgorithm=CALG_AES_256_GCM

In other words the server services should be already running at the default.  It's only the client that is mismatched and needs the line above included?  Thanks!

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qvd1rkqv,

What is the full build version of the IE Plugin client? 12.80.20100? And you are attempting to access a QV Server that is build version 12.70.20200?

If this is the case see the resolution in article Open in Server fails using QlikView Desktop May 2023 or later against earlier version of QlikView Se... and set the SessionAlgorithm=CALG_AES_128 in the Settings.ini file, or use the v12.70 SR of the IE Plugin client.  Note that both the IE Plugin client and QV Desktop use port 4747 and the session algorithms need to match those of the QV Server.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qvd1rkqv 

From the screenshot it looks like you are using a qvp link to open the document and not via the AccessPoint. This is not supported, see below article. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Run-Microsoft-Edge-in-IE-mode-to-be-able-to-...

qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky,

Yes build version of the IE Plugin client is 12.80.20100.

No I'm trying to access a clean install single server test environment.  We are currently on 12.70 SR2 and use the IE Plugin on Edge in IE Mode.  

I have port 4747 open and actually copied over all my firewall rules so am confident I have all needed ports allowed.  

I currently have the 12.80 IE Plugin installed on a client machine and have not added anything for SessionAlgorithm.  

My test server services are all running default config files. So nothing about SessionAlgorithm in them.

When I connect to the AccessPoint for AJAX everything works.  When I connect to open via IE Plugin I'm getting the QlikView could not be opened message in my original post. 

qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator
Author

@Maria_Halley 

Not using qvp link.  Using AccessPoint. Thanks!

qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator
Author

@Ray_Strother,

I really appreciate you making me aware of this. This is a huge help knowing possible impacts of this upgrade however it doesn't seem to be helping with this AccessPoint IE Plugin connectivity issue. Thanks!

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

1. I would still set the algorithm in each of the technologies and test connectivity.

2. I would also ste the IE plugin into debug logging and see what the output states.

Article link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-enable-Extended-Error-logging-in-Qlik...

qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks again @Ray_Strother.

I did try to set all the services for SessionAlgorithm = CALG_AES_128 as I think that's going to give me the most versatility when upgrading and deploying 5000 or so plugin installs.  

I was getting the same results with not being able to connect. So back to default now trying to figure out  that piece.