Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

QMC TASK trigger operation error inquiry

Dear Qlik Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to bring to your attention the issue regarding the automatic execution of the tasks currently registered in QMC.

It has come to our notice that the specified task, which was set to execute automatically based on triggers, has not been running as expected since yesterday (1/15).

qwebnm_0-1705386928591.png

We are keen to understand the reason behind this unexpected behavior.

Could you please assist us in identifying the root cause of this issue and guide us on the necessary steps to rectify it?

We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and any insights you can provide.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards, MISOINFOTECH

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Have you reviewed the QlikView Management Service (QMS) logs to check for errors/warnings pertaining to the Directory Service Connector (DSC), as well as the DSC logs? If not then suggest that you do so next to determine why the DSC connection is failing.

I noticed the version of QlikView Server is 12.40.20100. Note that support for this version ended in April 2022. Suggest that you upgrade to a supported version such as 12.80 so that you have version that has all of latest functionality and fixes.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

To exclude any temporary causes just re-start the entire environment. If this kind of issue occurred again and too often you will need to look into the various log-files - starting with the document-log and then the task-log and after that the event/application/performance-logs from QV and OS to find hints and pattern to real cause.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @qwebnm,

Are these tasks running and failing? Or, are the tasks not running at all?

To troubleshoot failing tasks, typically you would review the task log of the failed task and the document log of the QVW/QVF file of the app associated with the task.

If tasks aren't running at all, then the first log to consult would be the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) Root log. The QDS Root log is by default in the %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log directory and has a naming convention of Root_yyyymmdd.txt.  If you have configured the QDS logs to be written in a different location, you can check QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > General tab > Application Data Folder, then look for the 1\Log directory.  If you have a QDS cluster you will have 1\ 2\ 3\ etc. directories depending upon the number of QDS nodes.

If you find some errors or warnings you need help with, post back here.

Best Regards

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for answer.

Since January 15th, automatic execution has not been working.

Upon reviewing the logs, I noticed that there are no logs for the 15th, and upon further inspection of subsequent logs, I observed that the DSC is transitioning between offline and online states.

Could this be the issue? I have attached the log file for your reference.

To better understand and resolve the underlying cause, what steps should I take?

Please reply if possible.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for answer.

Since January 15th, automatic execution has not been working.

Upon reviewing the logs, I noticed that there are no logs for the 15th, and upon further inspection of subsequent logs, I observed that the DSC is transitioning between offline and online states.

Could this be the issue? I have attached the log file for your reference.

To better understand and resolve the underlying cause, what steps should I take?

Please reply if possible.

marcus_sommer

I think the logs gives a hint for the issue because the services shouldn't be offline or disconnected. I could imagine that you could find more valuable hints and pattern with the other log-files. The reasons might be just any timing-issues in the Qlik + OS services communication caused from a too high workload anywhere or a too slow network. 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @qwebnm,

Have you reviewed the QlikView Management Service (QMS) logs to check for errors/warnings pertaining to the Directory Service Connector (DSC), as well as the DSC logs? If not then suggest that you do so next to determine why the DSC connection is failing.

I noticed the version of QlikView Server is 12.40.20100. Note that support for this version ended in April 2022. Suggest that you upgrade to a supported version such as 12.80 so that you have version that has all of latest functionality and fixes.

Best Regards