Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
werty
Contributor
Contributor

Getting started with QlikView: Any tips for a beginner?

Hi all !

I'm getting into the world of data analysis and I'm particularly interested in QlikView. I've heard it's a powerful tool for data visualization and decision support, but I also know there's a learning curve.

I found a free training course that seems to be a great introduction to QlikView for beginners. It promises to teach the basics, from creating documents and graphics to manipulating data. Before diving in headfirst, I wanted to see if anyone here had any experiences or tips to share about learning QlikView.

Here's what I hope to learn:

QlikView Fundamentals: Understanding the interface and the first steps in creating visualizations.

Data manipulation: How to import and work with data in QlikView.

Creating Reports and Dashboards: Best practices for presenting data effectively.

Do you have any advice for a beginner?

Specific resources or tutorials: Are there any guides or online courses you would recommend?

Pitfalls to avoid: Any common mistakes or challenges I should watch out for?

Projects to practice: Any ideas for small projects to put into practice what I will learn?

If you are interested in the training I mentioned and would like to learn more, I would be happy to share the link or more details in the comments. I would really appreciate any feedback or advice to help me get started with QlikView.

Thank you in advance for your help and sharing! Learning together makes this journey much more rewarding.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @werty,

This is a regular question on the QlikView forums. A simple Google search will provide you a long list of forum threads to answer your question - i.e. How to learn Qlikview? - Qlik Community - 1255618

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

IMO the best approach is to start with the old-school method of using a book - like QlikView 11 for Developers which used an artificial project which is developed step by step and it explained also the why's  and don'ts behind the steps and not just a how-to:

5 QlikView Books For Developers | Quick Intelligence

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @werty,

This is a regular question on the QlikView forums. A simple Google search will provide you a long list of forum threads to answer your question - i.e. How to learn Qlikview? - Qlik Community - 1255618

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
NadiaB
Support
Support

@werty 

You probably want to look into Qlik Sense or preferably Qlik Cloud. There are a lot of resources available in Qlik help including videos, look at Michael Tarallo videos in YouTube and our help site also has a lot of videos/resources.

Hope it helps!!!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm