cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmahfoudhi
Partner - Contributor III

Allow session recovery not working and weird bookmark list

Since I copied the application from the development server to the production server, I noticed that the QlikView application's session recovery is no longer working. I have to add my selections every time I open the app.

There are 3 bookmarks that appear in the bookmark lists with the name: $LASTKNOWSTATE

How can I delete these 3 bookmarks and how they appear, and how can I solve the issue of session recovery?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmahfoudhi
Author

Hello, I tried to open QV , delete the bookmark manually and clean the Tshared file. It works  and the problem is solved

I'm not so sure what the reasons behind this issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@rmahfoudhi  Here is an article on how to remove last document state

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-remove-last-document-state-of-a-QlikV...

Let us know if this helps resolve the issue.

rmahfoudhi
Author

Thank you for your reply, but I still have the three bookmarks and the session recovery not working 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @rmahfoudhi,

Is Session Recovery enabled in QMC > System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@ > Documents tab?

Is this issue occurring only with this specific app? Or are multiple apps effected? Are there other bookmarks within this app? Or just the #$LASTKNOWNSTATE ones?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rmahfoudhi
Author

Hello @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Yes the session recovery is enabled in QMC

The issue occuring only for a specific app( Both the bookmark's problem and the session recovery )

In this app, every user sees their bookmarks and the #$LASTKNOWNSTATET( 3 Bookmarks with the same name)

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@rmahfoudhi,

When you copied the app over from your Dev environment, did you also copy the .Shared/.TShared file? If not, then suggest you do so. To do so, stop the QlikView Server service on the Prod environment, delete or rename any current .Shared/.TShared file associated with this app, copy the .Shared/.TShared file from Dev environment to the User Documents location. Restart the QlikView Server service in Prod. Then test to see if the correct bookmarks are present.

What is the full build version of QlikView Server you are running - May 2022 (12.70) or May 2023 (12.80)?

Best Regards

rmahfoudhi
Author

Hello, I tried to open QV , delete the bookmark manually and clean the Tshared file. It works  and the problem is solved

I'm not so sure what the reasons behind this issue.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@rmahfoudhi,

Glad to hear that you got this resolved. When I have seen similar issues in the past it was due to the QVS service not being stopped prior to copying the .TShared file to the new environment. 

Best Regards

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@rmahfoudhi    It is not uncommon for bookmarks and Tshared files to get corrupted.  See below on

Why QlikView files could be corrupted: TSHARED, SH... - Qlik Community - 1807037