Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauline_rqn
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Cloud Tabular Reporting - Dimension vs Level

Hello,

I noticed a strange behavior according to I use a dimension or a level.

In my table, I use 2 levels and a dimension + several measures contained in a Qlik table. When I want to replace the dimension by a level, all records with 0 for current year are removed, whereas they have amounts for previous year. This is not happened when I use the dimension from the Qlik table.

3 levels:

pauline_rqn_1-1713441917244.png

2 levels + 1 dimension:

pauline_rqn_0-1713441868582.png

Do you have an idea? Is it a bug?

It is really annoying because in another column I need to calculate the difference between two measures. The loop doesn't work if I use 2 levels + 1 dimension.

Update: If I use 3 levels, all rows with 0 as amount for the current year are removed. If I use 2 levels + 1 dimension, some rows with 0 as amount for the current year are removed (I don't find a logical reason why some rows and not others whereas the amounts are 0).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pauline

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Pablo007
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear @pauline_rqn ,

Just in case please check this on the column

Edit=>Dimensions=>"Your  Dimension" mark "include null values"

Pablo007_1-1714117433073.png

Pablo007_0-1714117363798.png

inattvpros
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for sharing your observation. It sounds like you're encountering unexpected behavior when using levels versus dimensions in your Qlik table, particularly regarding the removal of records with zero amounts for the current year. This discrepancy might indeed indicate a bug or inconsistency in the software. Have you reached out to Qlik support for assistance? They might be able to provide insights or solutions to address this issue. If you'd like, you can provide more details, and we can try to troubleshoot further together.

Aeroinsta ücretsiz

pauline_rqn
Author

Hi @Pablo007 ,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, the options is already checked.

Regards,

pauline_rqn
Author

Hi @inattvpros ,

I opened a case with Qlik. I have a call with them tomorrow. I will update the post accordingly.

Thank you.

Regards,