Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there a way to print out a whole table from QlikSense SAAS?

Hi all, 

I need a way to print out a whole table (straight or pivot) from within qliksense SAAS. It appears that printing a sheet or an object (via pdf download) only actually prints the data that is showing on screen and so if the table has enough data that it requires a scroll bar then it is not possible to print all of the data from the table? 

Am I right in thinking it is simply not possible to print a whole table? (without first downloading it into excel and then using excel to print it). 

From what I have read, it appears that the reporting service will also have the same limitation in that it will only print what can be seen on screen? 

Am I missing something?

If anyone can suggest a way that this can be acheived it would help enormously! 

Many thanks

Ben

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_T
Support
Support

Hi,

To answer your question, yes correct it only download or print (PDF) the current view only and will not download the whole tables or charts. If you wanted to see the whole data, you can download or export the data xlsx file.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Richard_T
Support
Support

Hi,

To answer your question, yes correct it only download or print (PDF) the current view only and will not download the whole tables or charts. If you wanted to see the whole data, you can download or export the data xlsx file.

Thanks

dmac1971
Creator III
Creator III

Nprint would be the correct solution.  You may be able to also export the required data via load script?

canoebi99
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks but you can't  use N printing with Qliksense SAAS (only on prem). I believe the Qlik reporting service is supposed to be the solution for the cloud but not having the ability to print a whole table to pdf creates a challenge for many of our clients that are moving to it. 

Downloading the data into excel and having to use that to print out the data seems to be the only (and not a particularly good) option to be able to print a table of data (something that is  easily acheived in various different ways from qlikview).

This really needs to be put on the roadmap for enhancements. 

dmac1971
Creator III
Creator III

Agree Sense is a step backwards from QV in so many ways!

Richard_T
Support
Support

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We suggest that you submit a feature/idea request on this. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-To-Submit-Feature-Requests-For-Qlik-Products/ta-p/171258...

Thanks

Richard_T
Support
Support

Hi, Thanks. Feel free to tick the "accept as solution" for now.