cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattG
Contributor II
Contributor II

User receiving duplicate email

I have a user complaining that they receive two copies of a daily email NPrinting sends.

I have the email configured with manual addresses entered into the bcc field, and i've confirmed that their email is entered only once.  I don't use the NPrinting user function except for myself. 

They're not listed anywhere else, and this issue isn't occurring for other users. I also don't use any shared email addresses, or mailing lists. 

Does anyone know what might be the cause of this?

Qlik NPrinting May 2022 SR4

Version: 22.15.14.0

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There are few options for this to happen and some of them you are excluding but i will confirm that anywa.

• multiple entries on publish task/user list (if there is more that one user on the email from bcc will receive multiple emails)
  • you have another server with the same license running in your environment. That could happen if you have migrated from another server,  and maybe only stopped services (instead of uninstalling it completely) , server got rebooted and automatically started services again which then will cause this issue - It has been discussed already few times on community so make sure there is no other server running nprinting with the same license in your environment. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

There are few options for this to happen and some of them you are excluding but i will confirm that anywa.

• multiple entries on publish task/user list (if there is more that one user on the email from bcc will receive multiple emails)
  • you have another server with the same license running in your environment. That could happen if you have migrated from another server,  and maybe only stopped services (instead of uninstalling it completely) , server got rebooted and automatically started services again which then will cause this issue - It has been discussed already few times on community so make sure there is no other server running nprinting with the same license in your environment. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

sorry - there could be 3rd option - you made a mistake in schedule and you are triggering this report twice - just check task executions for this information.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

4th: you are using the same email as alternate email in another user in the same task

In any case I think there is a configuration error in the publish task or a duplicate task. For each email recipient in  each publish task Qlik NPrinting creates a single email message with attached all selected reports.  

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.