Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

REST API OnDemandRequest : Retrieve charts from NPrinting report with multiple connectionId's

I am using a REST API to retrieve info from a report provided by NPrinting. Through this request I am also passing some filter info to extract info from only one customer.

This works great if the Nprinting report aquires its info only one source / connectionId.

However, the NPrinting report contains info from different sources provided by different connectorId's  .

Retrieving both these charts from this report by REST , will apply my filter to the first connector, but will NOT apply this to the second chart info ; all customer info will be extracted unfiltered. 

{

"type""report",

"config": {

"reportId""123-465",

"outputFormat""pdf"

},

"filters": {

"initialBookmark""",

"additionalFilters ": []

},

"connectionId": "654-321",

"selections": [

{

"fieldName": "RELATIE_ID",

"selectedCount": 1,

"selectedValues": [

"1234"

],

"isNumeric": false

}

]

}

Can I retrieve info from a current Nprinting report that has more than one different connectionId 's ? Adding twice "connectionId": "654-321" is a failure,

The field to be filtered (RELATIE_ID) is the same for both charts.

The only info that I can find is Qlik NPrinting API − OnDemandRequest - Qlik | Help and here the connection is only a string and not an array .

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/MultiDocument/Excel-Reports-with-Obj...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the reply Frank but your answer does not provide any clues if it's possible.

My Nprinting report already has multiple connections. Hoewever my question was how and if I could use these multiple connections from within my rest api ?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Apologies for the misunderstanding. 

We have a set of On-Demand API's which if used with multiple NP connections, these api's will not work. 

The answer is due to the response I shared earlier. "multidoc reports (reports with more that 1 NPrinting connection) are not supported"

If you are not using these On-Demand APIs, multiple connections for a single report should work. I've verified this with R&D as well.
Thus if this is not working, R&D is suggesting that you start a support case so we can investigate if there is a problem with the APIs.

In your example you have a single connection ID. This should work if just a single connection. But my question is why do you need the same connection ID twice? If you have a report from multiple connections (within the same NP App) each connection name (ID) should be different/unique. If you are trying to use NPrinting connections - with the same name - from different NP apps, note that this would not be valid usage as it would break connection rules.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

Connection rules for Qlik Sense apps

The following rules apply to connections to Qlik Sense apps:

• You can create connections from a single Qlik NPrinting app to multiple Qlik Sense apps.
  • Connections are not shared between Qlik NPrinting apps. If you want to connect the same Qlik Sense app to multiple Qlik NPrinting apps you must create a connection for each. 

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vanwerven
Contributor II
Contributor II