Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purushothaman
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik Npriting Error: Only a single Instance of QlikNpriting Designer Can Run

Hi Experts,

I have this error keep populating, though I have checked Only One designer is running in Windows. Don't know how to resolve it. Any one can help.

Thank you!

Purushothaman_0-1625807545638.png

Labels (2)
14 Replies
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

Having excel already open and  in edit mode, will also cause the Nprinting designer to crash prior to opening. In my opinion the designer  is not stable at all as I quite frequently had to kill the process manually within task manager. 

The process to kill  could not be found as a process but only within the taskmanager details tab : NPrintingdesigner.exe 

Compared to the old v16 Nprinting that Qlik bought and turned into their own web version made NPrinting al least 10x slower withinin all designing actions !

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @andriesb ,

Please avoid commenting so old conversations, start a new one instead with the details of your issue and the correct version of Qlik NPrinting you are using. Be sure you are using a supported version, the latest is better because you will benefit from all solved issues. 

You can open a single instance of Qlik NPrinting Designer at a time and it is visible in the Task Manager:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1670930735201.png

The process name is NPrinting Designer.exe and it is visible in the Details tab of the Task Manager. If it crashes during the editing of a Microsoft Office template you have to kill also the related process: Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.  In supported versions, the Designer is very stable and can be used with other Microsoft Office processes opened. What version of Qlik NPrinting are you using?

Qlik NPrinting Designer of 17+ series is the same as QlikView NPrinting 16 a part of the needed updates to make it compatible with the web version. User Interface and template editing methods are the same.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

Still using Version: 21.14.4.0 

An installed version/update once installed is not (easiliy) downgradable and following the Qlik support team's suggestion 'upgade first' pushed me into a lot of serious problemsfor a logn time  that only was solved only after 3 months  : not a situation  I was very happy with...

From then 'if it aint broken don't fix it.. helped me from then

I came from v16 and are still not happy at all for the performance of the web version of nprinting,

Where adding  a new report would have taken me 5 minutes  in total within the old Nprinting windows program, this web version would take me at least 30 minutes:  I have to reload metadata that takes me 15 minutes (yes, my reports are still huge) whereas in the old Npritning this would have taken me 30 seconds loading all new chars... Previewing a report took me 1 munte in tghe old nprinting ; the new takes somtimes 5 minutes...

Also ALL connections have to be reloaded and valid editing one report : all items that worked fluently within the old (windows program) nprinting (when qlik was not the owner)

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Metadata reload was mandatory also on QlikView NPrinting 16 and it was single-tread, single-engine, and file based whereas the 17+ is multi-tread, multi-engine, and stores data in a database. If your installation of Qlik NPrinting 17+ is slower than 16 I suggest you investigate the usage of hardware resources. Maybe you have to increase them.

If you are connecting to a QlikView server check also its usage of hardware resources. If you are using local connections move to a server one.

There are also optimizations suggested to speed up the creation of huge reports already shared multiple times here in the community. Those optimizations could be useful in your scenario.

QlikView NPrinting 16 is out of support since March 2020. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Purushothaman if that solution from Frank helped out be sure to click on the 'accept as solution' thanks!