Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik NPrinting 2021 Task Log Files?

Hi,

I want to look at the log files to investigate what is causing our Tasks stuck in running status.

In Nprinting, Admin tab-->Task Executions-->Task-->Log--->The log doesn't give any information about what is happening in the background.

I see there are various logs in ProgramData folder such as nprinting_engine, nprinting_manager, nprinting_scheduler etc, but when i search the content of the logs based on Task ID, none of them give any result.

Life was easy with nprinting v16 logs, 

Could you help me how which log contain the information about the task and what is causing the running status issue.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

well - all those logs you mentioned should give you full picture of what is happening. 

Obviously the fact that your Task gets stuck indicates to me that you are running:

Regarding actual investigation:

• I analyze what the report would do: number of Recipients, Use of Section Access, Use of filters/User Filters, Levels, Pages, Cycles etc to understand complexity of what needs to happen and potential impact on time required for report generation 
  • I normally look at task execution page and I try to see in which stage NPrinting gets stuck
  • I then look at scheduler and engine logs to see what is happening
  • I also observe servers (QlikView and NPrinting which obviously must be on separate machines) resources (CPU and RAM and HD space) to understand if that can be factor
  • I observe NPrinting task manager to see instances of QV.exe in use
  • Worst case I enable DEBUG mode on logs

I normaly use https://help.qlik.com to figure out all requirements and supported configurations which are absolute MUST otherwise you are going to have very frequent troubles.

Lastly - I analyze performance of QlikView app ensuring that it can perform fast when all selections are cleared and all sheets are previewed (also those hidden sheets). You may wish to minimize objects used for NPrinting ideally storing them on separate sheet so that they can take less time when being used.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
mpc
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Since the task running forever, I don't think you'll find info the the classical logs.
You might inspect the RabbitMQ logs: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-collect-the-Qlik-NPrinting-Platform-L...

Moreover, you might have some info into the "nprinting_engine_cef.log", in this file you'll find details about engine render execution. In Qlikview for exemple, an extension could stuck the engine.

In addition, you may find some logs about your problem directly on Qlikview.

Kind regards

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

well - all those logs you mentioned should give you full picture of what is happening. 

Obviously the fact that your Task gets stuck indicates to me that you are running:

Regarding actual investigation:

• I analyze what the report would do: number of Recipients, Use of Section Access, Use of filters/User Filters, Levels, Pages, Cycles etc to understand complexity of what needs to happen and potential impact on time required for report generation 
  • I normally look at task execution page and I try to see in which stage NPrinting gets stuck
  • I then look at scheduler and engine logs to see what is happening
  • I also observe servers (QlikView and NPrinting which obviously must be on separate machines) resources (CPU and RAM and HD space) to understand if that can be factor
  • I observe NPrinting task manager to see instances of QV.exe in use
  • Worst case I enable DEBUG mode on logs

I normaly use https://help.qlik.com to figure out all requirements and supported configurations which are absolute MUST otherwise you are going to have very frequent troubles.

Lastly - I analyze performance of QlikView app ensuring that it can perform fast when all selections are cleared and all sheets are previewed (also those hidden sheets). You may wish to minimize objects used for NPrinting ideally storing them on separate sheet so that they can take less time when being used.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

May 2021 is no more supported so I suggest to upgrade your installation as soon as possible. We don't know the reasons behind your issue (refer to previous answers) but it could also be an already solved bug. Solved issues are listed in the Release Notes.

Other suggestions could come from the audit trail https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Audit-...

Best Regards

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for all your inputs. I will be working on them.