Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rastogi_vinayak
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik N-printing Condition - Only generate the report when today is equal to Last 10 Working Days

Hi MVP/All,

Requirement: Generating the Report on Every Month last 10 Working Days only that will be so for achieving this I'm using the Qlik N-printing Condition

What I'm doing for achieving this scenario:  I was created two variable and then compare both the variables on Qlik N-printing  condition Side (Screen Shot Below)

if(NetWorkDays(TempDate, TempDate)>0, Date(date#(TempDate, 'M/D/YYYY' ))) as WorkDay

if(WorkDay >= MonthEnd(WorkDay)- 10 and WorkDay < MonthEnd(WorkDay), WorkDay) as last_10_WorkDay

vDate: =Day(TODAY()) ---> value of variable is 24 

vEndof10Day: =Day(Date(Max(last_10_WorkDay), 'M/DD/YYYY')) ----> value of variable is 24 

then I Compare the both variable on Condition side (See below Screen Shot)

rastogi_vinayak_0-1632493313753.png

But Still not works & shows error "Conditions evaluated to false for task" at task execution time.

Ref Video link Generating a report every end of the month - Qlik NPrintinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u6bTssJBM8

Please help me out on this.

Thanks,

Vinayak Rastogi

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

HI @rastogi_vinayak

I suggest that you test the expressions used for each variable in your Qlik Sense dashboard and ensure they are yielding the correct information.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Frank_S 's suggestion. I prefer to remove the condition and print all used variables temporally  in the template and run the task. So you can check the values used during the report generation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My observations:

1 - how do you set your variable values?

• in script?
  • in UI
    • do those variable expand? - do they have "=" sign in front of formula in variable definition
    • or do you just put formula in variable definition (without "=" sign"

2. - second issue might be related to the fact that your variable may not update after reload and metadata refresh may be required -  (quite unusual scenario but arguably for me this is the "area of unknown" which I still want to open support ticket about but have to build a case first: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Task-does-not-refresh-filter-variable-prope...

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.