Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webtronix
Contributor II
Contributor II

Publish based on Condition and cycling till true

Hi

I'm quite new to N Print Rules and need some help on conditions.

So here is my problem statement

Our data is built on an Oracle DB, fed to Qlik via QVD and thus the final N Print app.

All is working fine without any issue and would like to schedule the task at around 09.30 daily

What I'd like is to add a condition that would check the date on the source (date column) where the date is =today() and this has been built.

Problem is that if the source has not updated the app, this would fail at 09.30.

If then the data is fine at source (QVD and App) at around 10.30, how can I get N Print to then send this out at 10.30 without having to build a schedule every 30 mins till noon without then sending out multiple emails all being successful if there hasn't been any data issues.

The way I can see this is to build 30 min schedules till noon to ensure I get a successful output, but then I need to find a way to stop this after a successful run to avoid multiple emails.

Hoping my waffle above makes sense

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @webtronix 

you have used all those labels - depending on version answer will be different. Please select the label reflecting your version of NPrinting.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1700605417419.png

If I was building this solution using currently supported versions (May 2021 onwards)  I would use API and task chaining. It is rather simple solution and you can build your logic in Qlik Sense app to:

• check if app has required data
  • flag if app has data and APItrigger was sent to NPrinting
  • trigger NPrinting task from Qlik Sense load script

The API concept and all subroutines you can utilise are available here (there are links which describe step-by-step configuration): https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Alternative would be to check data during load script execution and set variable when first reload picks up up to date data, then you could reference that variable in subsequent reload and updated it to flag that your app was already once reloaded with "today" data.

In NPrinting you could use conditions to trigger or skip that task.

Bottom line is the logic has to be validated in Qlik app anyway.

More about conditions n help site: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Conditions.htm

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.