Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btaccent
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting - Sending report to folder.

Hi,

I am new to Qlik Nprinting 2021. I have previously worked on Nprinting 16.

In Nprinting 16 to send a report to a windows output folder, we mention the ouput path in the Task and no need to provide any Recipients.

However it seems in Nprinting 2021, we need to add a user and assign folder to the user. Am i right?

If yes, then do we need to create a system user who has write access to the ouput folder?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ACorona
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, you will need to add at least one user to your task to successfully send to a folder destination. We usually have the owner of the report/task be added to the NP task. The user added to the Task will need access to the NP app but the Service account used in NPrinting will be the one that stores the file. So you only need the service account from NP to have access to the folders. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ACorona
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes, you will need to add at least one user to your task to successfully send to a folder destination. We usually have the owner of the report/task be added to the NP task. The user added to the Task will need access to the NP app but the Service account used in NPrinting will be the one that stores the file. So you only need the service account from NP to have access to the folders.