Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrishnanN
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple User filters for NPrinting Report feb2019

Hi All,

I am migrating my Nprinting report from version 16 to feb2019. In version 16 I have multiple Nprinting Apps, where I send reports to multiple users based on specific recipient filters.

Dashboard 1 --- 200 users are sent reports based on specific recipient filter.

Dashboard 2 --- 200 users(same as above) are sent reports based on specific recipient filter.

I am trying to recreate the same in Qlik Nprinting Feb2019 version, where i need to send different reposrt to same users from different apps based on recipient filter specific to Apps.

Is this achievable in Qlik Nprinting Feb2019 ? Beacuse in version 16, each recipient is specific to the Nprinting App, but in the new version that is not the case as the user is global to all All Nprinting Apps.

All my Dashboards are in Qlikview.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @KrishnanN 

I suggest reviewing the following import resource found in our Qlik help pages to get up to speed on the recipient import process on the NPrinting 17+ platform.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-F...

There are many possibilities to follow but be sure to note the 'limitations' while building your recipient import task and as always ensure that your syntax is valid.

Note that you cannot use the same recipient import file used with NP 16 for NPrinting 17+ platform recipient imports. There is a new recipient import file. You will find this file here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/Examples/Examples.htm

Also note that you must not  change the structure of the recipient import file as NP import process expect all sheets and columns to be in the expected positions found in the NP 17+ platform import file

Finally since you are coming from NP 16, note that the recipient import process does not have the ability to access a QVW at this time (in case you were using this method rather than xlsx or other file type). This is something that will likely be implemented down the road. ie: some time after March 31, 2020.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!