Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III

I'am stock on Upgrading Nprinting to May 2023 IR

Hello Everyone,

I'am trying to upgrade NPrinting May2022 (Version: 22.15.2.0) to May 2023 (IR).

I've already successfully updated mine Qlikview environment to May 2023+SR1.

But when I start the NPrinting server update (QlikNPrintingServer_x64.exe) I got stock in waiting very long and then after an hour the installation rolled-back (see attachment)

I got an error of 0x80070643, failed to install MSI package.

Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.
Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.
[02FC:2934][2024-03-25T15:03:43]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-machine MSI package.
[02FC:2934][2024-03-25T15:03:43]i319: Applied execute package: QlikNPrintingServer, result: 0x80070643, restart: None
[02FC:2934][2024-03-25T15:03:43]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.

I have us the same installation source on another NPrinting server, and there the updates work well!!

Has anyone have an Idea where I need to look in/for.

We need to upgrade because the product will be end of life in a view month.

Any help or advice is welcome.

Regards,

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The problem have been solved.

The issue was cause by Windows update. There where pending updates. These updates was claiming MSI.exe. That was the reason why NPrinting could not launch the installer.

Also, I see another problem. The installation takes very long an also a lot of free disk space was needed. The reason for this was that the backup of the PostgreSQL was approximately 2x50GB.

This means that when installing NPrinting we need about 150Gb of free diskspace.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It seems an issue related with the .NET installation. Has your server access to internet? Or was .NET manually removed? 

Another solution could be to uninstall all .NET still present in the server, reboot it and be sure it can download software online because the Qlik NPrinting setup will download the version of .NET it needs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for your feedback

Our systems doesn't has access to the internet. 

i've check on this system and .NET is already installed on the system, see below. 

PSChildName Version    Release
-----------             -------       -------
Client             4.8.03761   528049
Full                4.8.03761   528049
Client             4.0.0.0

Also this system is currently running NPrinting may 2022 (IR) , so that means that .NET is already installed and running.

Do you have other suggestions for me? 

Best Regards.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

4.8 is correct compared with the requirements https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Check also the installation logs that are in the %TEMP% folder of the user that ran the installation. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Jio
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The problem have been solved.

The issue was cause by Windows update. There where pending updates. These updates was claiming MSI.exe. That was the reason why NPrinting could not launch the installer.

Also, I see another problem. The installation takes very long an also a lot of free disk space was needed. The reason for this was that the backup of the PostgreSQL was approximately 2x50GB.

This means that when installing NPrinting we need about 150Gb of free diskspace.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, the upgrading procedure will automatically create two backups: one before and one after the upgrade. After you can manually move those backups and older are not deleted automatically. It is also not possible to avoid the creation of those backups. To save backup space you can optimize your installation for example by avoiding duplicate connections (creating more then a connection to the same Qlik Sense app) or by limiting the history of reports published on the NewsStand.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero