Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nin_04
Contributor II
Contributor II

Empty preview when Insert Table with Show Condition into PPT Nprinting

Hello Everyone,

I Need to add into NPrinting  ppt an Qlik Sense table with a show condition Columuns. When I try to load my Object table into Nprinting PPT my preview is empty.

How can i solve this problem or how i can apply an work around to obtain the same result  always hiding the columns?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Nin_04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

thanks for your answer and  next time i will add  into the label my Nprinting Version,  anyway it's 22.15.2.0 .

The choose to apply the conditional column is that in my table  I have to show ten columuns with only last 10 days excluding Weekend days  and other 3 columns with the total MTD , MTD PY and the Delta. 

Unfortunately to obtain this structure (Attachment 1) and  build this solution i have create an table with one colum for each day  and if the day is Sat or Sun I don't show it. With your propose I don't know if  I upload all my table columns , I can directly manage  from NPrinting   the visibility condition for the weekend days.

Thanks in advance

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Nin_04 

I dont understand where is the problem. Why dont you use set analysis in your expression to bring in only days you need to each of those columns. Obviously they need to be separate columns (each for each day and  MTD and MTD **bleep** etc. Each of those measures needs to be dynamic based on the selection and return only days you need in them. 

You dont have to hide anything if your expression is not bringing in data you dont need, right?

Once you do that you can just drag and drop each of those columns to table in NPrinting and underlying expression will populate data you need in it with required values.

The logic to "I have to show ten columns with only last 10 days excluding Weekend days " can be easily implemented in calendar or even directly in set analysis of each column so it skips weekends. It is not even NPrinting problem- you just need to write your expression for your measures correctly in Qlik Sense.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all when posting new questions in the community please always add the label with the correct version you are using. The answer could depend on it. 

About supported and not supported objects refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

Instead of using a show column condition and importing the table by using the single table tag, import only the tags of the specific columns you want to use and remove the condition.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Nin_04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ruggero,

thanks for your answer and  next time i will add  into the label my Nprinting Version,  anyway it's 22.15.2.0 .

The choose to apply the conditional column is that in my table  I have to show ten columuns with only last 10 days excluding Weekend days  and other 3 columns with the total MTD , MTD PY and the Delta. 

Unfortunately to obtain this structure (Attachment 1) and  build this solution i have create an table with one colum for each day  and if the day is Sat or Sun I don't show it. With your propose I don't know if  I upload all my table columns , I can directly manage  from NPrinting   the visibility condition for the weekend days.

Thanks in advance

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Nin_04 

I dont understand where is the problem. Why dont you use set analysis in your expression to bring in only days you need to each of those columns. Obviously they need to be separate columns (each for each day and  MTD and MTD **bleep** etc. Each of those measures needs to be dynamic based on the selection and return only days you need in them. 

You dont have to hide anything if your expression is not bringing in data you dont need, right?

Once you do that you can just drag and drop each of those columns to table in NPrinting and underlying expression will populate data you need in it with required values.

The logic to "I have to show ten columns with only last 10 days excluding Weekend days " can be easily implemented in calendar or even directly in set analysis of each column so it skips weekends. It is not even NPrinting problem- you just need to write your expression for your measures correctly in Qlik Sense.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.