cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deec
Creator
Creator

Can we get away without Linked Fields?

In my use case I have several different QVWs with entirely different datasets.
The users want one big report that include elements from all of these dashboards.

There are 3 fields that are common to all of the dashboards, contain identical field names and field values (Period, Region, LOB)

I did not use NPrint 16, so I never had the benefit of seeing how linked fields worked. Since it is not feasible to merge a dozen separate dashboards into one (for the purposes of creating a single-connection report). Is it possible to still create a single report where the values in these fields is the same?

The manual for Feb2018 says: Linked fields are the entities used in Qlik NPrinting to create a link among the same field on different documents. Linked fields are not yet available in QlikView. You can emulate the same behavior by creating one filter for each connection and applying them to the report.

So could I create a filter for Period for each of the connections, with the same value and then run the report so all of the elements from the different QVWs come with the same Period filter?

Would it be possible to cycle through regions? Essentially, create a task that runs the max period and cycles the report through each region. Creating multiple versions in the newstand?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So short answer is YES and NO:

• filtering data will be possible without linked fields - you can setup individual filters for each connection.
  • cycling or using those fields as a Level or a Page will not be possible for obvious reasons - you cannot cycle through different fields hoping that they will somehow align.

My suggestion (and i think the only solution as of now) is to concatenate sources into single QV app

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So short answer is YES and NO:

• filtering data will be possible without linked fields - you can setup individual filters for each connection.
  • cycling or using those fields as a Level or a Page will not be possible for obvious reasons - you cannot cycle through different fields hoping that they will somehow align.

My suggestion (and i think the only solution as of now) is to concatenate sources into single QV app

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.