cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ammarahw
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filtering on a histogram

Is it possible for to filter on a histogram in Qlik? When I select histogram as my chart type I stop seeing filtering as an option but I would like to remove several outliers that would be possible to remove if I could filter on a range for the data which is normally simple to do. 

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Instead of filtering unwanted dimension-values you may consider to limit the values from the outlier, like:

if(Expr < -1, -1, if Expr > 1, 1, Expr))

for a scenario in which histogram shows results from -100% to 100% which moved the outliers to the left and right borders of the chart. I use it in this way and think the general approach might be adaptable for many scenarios.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

You can go in and manually filter on the Y axis to limit the frequency axis to only select ranges above a certain value with drag. To eliminate all zeros, just create a bar chart.

ammarahw
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for this response! What do you mean by manually filter on the Y-axis? Is there somewhere where I can write a filter expression and add it? I think a screenshot of what you are talking about may help. 

marcus_sommer

Instead of filtering unwanted dimension-values you may consider to limit the values from the outlier, like:

if(Expr < -1, -1, if Expr > 1, 1, Expr))

for a scenario in which histogram shows results from -100% to 100% which moved the outliers to the left and right borders of the chart. I use it in this way and think the general approach might be adaptable for many scenarios.