Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mansoorsheraz
Creator
Creator

Calculate Responses based on the min and max date

Hi
I have the following data in a straight table:
ID Employee       ID Question               Response                Date Response
1441                       4554                             80                               2021-08-26
1441                       4554                             84                               2021-08-30
1441                       4554                             98                               2021-09-01
1441                       4554                            102                             2021-10-01

What I want is another straight table with the following data
ID Employee     ID Question                T1                T2
1441                     4554                              1                    0

T1 is the count of Response < 100 on the minimum date i.e. 2021-08-26
T2 is the count of Response < 100 on the maximum date i.e. 2021-10-01 (since value is 102 which is greater than 100)

Please help me achieve this. I would later use the calculated field in the graph to show the bar chart

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try

T1 =Count(DISTINCT{<[Date Response] = {"=Aggr(nodistinct Min([Date Response]), [ID Employee], [ID Question]) = [Date Response]"}, Response={"< 100"}>} Response)

T2 =Count(DISTINCT{<[Date Response] = {"=Aggr(nodistinct Max([Date Response]),[ID Employee], [ID Question]) = [Date Response]"}, Response={"< 100"}>} Response)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
mansoorsheraz
Creator
Creator
Author

@rubenmarin Hope you are doing good. Can you please look into this and help like always? Thanks.

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Try

T1 =Count(DISTINCT{<[Date Response] = {"=Aggr(nodistinct Min([Date Response]), [ID Employee], [ID Question]) = [Date Response]"}, Response={"< 100"}>} Response)

T2 =Count(DISTINCT{<[Date Response] = {"=Aggr(nodistinct Max([Date Response]),[ID Employee], [ID Question]) = [Date Response]"}, Response={"< 100"}>} Response)

mansoorsheraz
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, This didnt work. It actually took of the question from the table i.e. 4554 question wasn't displayed in the table.

rubenmarin

Hi, I tried @BrunPierre answer and it returns the expected table:

rubenmarin_0-1694413867640.png

mansoorsheraz
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks @BrunPierre and @rubenmarin I got it worked. There was an issue that my column for "Response" was having both numeric and text values. I have corrected it out. But strange is when I apply it in bar graph I am, getting a very different picture than what the straight table is showing (which is correct)

mansoorsheraz_0-1694716448531.png

When I change the totals of the straight table to "Auto" it matches the figure of the graph.

Any idea why is happening?

Regards.

rubenmarin

Hi, this might happen becuse of the different dimensions used in both objects. In example, if the tables gives the correct result using a sum of rows you'll need to add an aggr to split the expression between the differnt dimension values and then sum all the values:

Sum(Aggr([YourCurrentExpression],[ID Employee],[ID Question]))

mansoorsheraz
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. I will try this out. I however resolve the issue at script level by creating the joins and using all my SQL knowledge but I want to resolve this at chart level as well so that there I don't have to do script changes if another type of question comes over in future.