cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PRB6803
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense API/SDK

I have written a visual studio (VB.NET) app to extract all master dimensions and measures from a select QS App. I then created a set of default Master Dimensions and Measures that can be applied based on field names to any selected App.

My problem is that when you add a master dimension that is an expression e.g. If(Approved = 1, 'Yes', 'No')  the QS engine adds square brackets which causes the expression to fail. I tried quite a while thinking there was something I was adding in the text list in visual studio however when I extract the master items having created my own, the expression does not have square brackets around it.

Is there something I am missing an indicator etc. when I create the dimension?

Thank you in advance

Patrick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You probably need to add the character '=' in front of the expression. That indicates to the engine that this is a calculated dimension and not a field reference.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You probably need to add the character '=' in front of the expression. That indicates to the engine that this is a calculated dimension and not a field reference.

PRB6803
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you so much worked immediately, just need to identify for myself now wether it's purely a field or a calculated dimension which is easy.

Really appreciate your prompt response