cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yosuke-coupa
Partner - Contributor III

Programmatically validate OIDC IdP

I am following the instructions in the documentation below to set up an OIDC IdP for our SPA implementation using qlik-embed JS.

Creating a new identity provider configuration | Qlik Cloud Help

Silent authentication with qlik-embed and OAuth SPA | Qlik Developer Portal

I was able to successfully set up the generic OIDC IdP that is integrated with our web application.  The SPA is able to silently authenticate, which is great.  However, the IdP validation and activation step seems to require a user to interact with the forms for the initial IdP set up.  

This is a challenge since we have an OEM use case where we are spinning up new Qlik Tenants and configuring them programmatically.  Is there a way to validate and activate the OIDC IdP programmatically i.e. via API?  We plan on using Captcha eventually, so programmatical validation and activation is almost a must.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

If you're looking to set up an OIDC IdP via APIs, then you can skip the verification step and bypass the interactive piece by setting skipVerify=true. You then pass the options as options, rather than pendingOptions. I have an example for Azure AD here: https://qlik.dev/examples/manage-examples/identity-provider-create/#oidc 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

If you're looking to set up an OIDC IdP via APIs, then you can skip the verification step and bypass the interactive piece by setting skipVerify=true. You then pass the options as options, rather than pendingOptions. I have an example for Azure AD here: https://qlik.dev/examples/manage-examples/identity-provider-create/#oidc 

yosuke-coupa
Author

Hi @DaveChannon, I was able to use the example and create a generic OIDC programmatically without validation.  Thank you!