Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Multi Developer/Server/Container Options with Pytools?

Hello @Nabeel_Asif 

We are using Qlik Sense Enterprise Pytools on prem and have it running very well. Thank you for all the work you put into it!

I'm trying to figure out how I can point specific developers and/or apps to separate servers so that the developers are not all using the same directories for their models etc. I'd also like them to use their own compute python engines. 

I have Pytools working in both windows and linux so either are an option if that helps with developer separation. 

Thanks! 

1 Reply
Nabeel_Asif
Employee
Employee

Hi @stvegerton ,

Apologies on not getting back sooner.

PyTools was built to show what’s possible with Qlik's advanced analytics integration, so it would need some additional work for such Production usage scenarios. There are a couple of things you can consider:

• Use multiple instances of PyTools. This would require developers to use different Analytics Connections in Qlik Sense.
  • Extend the solution so that it allows for models to be saved and loaded from different directories.
  • Extend the solution so that is caters for load balancing across different compute engines based on user attributes.