Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II

How to permanently delete an extension? issue from May 2023 version

Hi,

We have recently upgraded to Qlik Sense enterprise on Windows May 2023 version.

After year 2020 Qlik's "qlik-multi-kpi" had horizontal alignment issues with "qsSimpleKPI" (https://github.com/alner/qsSimpleKPI) extension. Since the "qsSimpleKPI" developer stopped working on fixes, we had to remove Qlik's "qlik-multi-kpi" extension that comes with the upgrade and install the old version (before year 2020 version). This is what we have been doing for past 2 years without an issue.

However, in Qlik Sense May 2023 version, deleting (and reinstalling older version of "qlik-multi-kpi") an extension through QMC is not fixing the problem. Because when the server reboots, we are ending up with latest (year 2023) "qlik-multi-kpi" extension.

Is there a way to delete and prevent the extension from reinstalled after the Qlik server reboot? Thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

@Mr_Pearl Unfortunately not, you install the whole bundle or nothing at all.
But as I said, you should be able to reimport the extensions you need in the QMC from the bundle manually after uninstalling the bundle.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Mr_Pearl 

Which version of Qlik Sense were you previously running ?

The mechanism of reinstalling automatically the Qlik Bundled extensions deleted at service restart has been in the product since a really long time, so I am a bit surprised you haven't run into this behavior before.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-deleted-bundle-extensions-keep-co...

The only workaround I can think about is export the bundled extensions that you need, remove completely the Qlik Bundled extension package (from control panel > Programs and Features), then just reimport the extensions you need from the bundled in the QMC.

Best regards,

Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Damien_Villaret  previously we were running Qlik sense Enterprise on Windows May 2022 version. Is there a option to not upgrade particular (Multi-KPI) extension during Qlik Sense object bundle upgrade?

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

@Mr_Pearl Unfortunately not, you install the whole bundle or nothing at all.
But as I said, you should be able to reimport the extensions you need in the QMC from the bundle manually after uninstalling the bundle.

Mr_Pearl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you @Damien_Villaret