Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justy1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik sense services not starting after upgrade to Feb 2023

Hi 
I started a new question as advised by support
We updated our Qlik Sense enterprise server to the Feb Tech Preview and our QSense services are not starting up.

After running the update we got the following message:

Justy1_0-1677572679885.png

And when trying to start the repository service we get the below error:

Justy1_1-1677572703784.png

We attempted to change the registry setting in the server and also change the location of the postgreSQL DB and this did not fix our issue

Please note: that after my the sense upgrade the Repository database service was removedYour assistance would be highly appreciated 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

SOLVED! Just in case anyone has this error in the future, I fixed mine by removing the dependency manually following the article below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1075-the-dependency-service-does-not-exi...

In my case, the PostgreSQL upgrade was successful. But the issue occurred as I didn't uninstall the old QRD Service before upgrading Qlik Sense.

@Justy1 , did you fix the error using the same way?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Eduardo_Monteiro
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello @Justy1 

Can you please share the logs?

BR,

Eduardo Monteiro

HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @Justy1 ,

I am encountering the same error. Did you fix yours?

I upgraded from Nov 2022 to Aug 2023 and seems I did not follow the upgrade properly.

PostgreSQL is upgraded to 14.8 and the service is running, but I did not delete the Qlik Senser Repository Database (QRD) service before upgrading Qlik Sense. I deleted it afterwards. Now I am getting the same error

HeshamKhja1_0-1698159554079.png

HeshamKhja1
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

SOLVED! Just in case anyone has this error in the future, I fixed mine by removing the dependency manually following the article below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1075-the-dependency-service-does-not-exi...

In my case, the PostgreSQL upgrade was successful. But the issue occurred as I didn't uninstall the old QRD Service before upgrading Qlik Sense.

@Justy1 , did you fix the error using the same way?

dpilat
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for sharing @HeshamKhja1 , we fixed the same issue that way.