Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogerG
Creator
Creator

Microsoft O365 groups for SSO

Hello Experts,

I am trying to integrate O365 as the source for Single Sign on instead of AD Groups.

Does Qliksense support this or is it on the roadmap for implementation?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @RogerG ,

Do you have any documentation?

Azure AD can manage users and be behind the scenes to manage O365 as is documented on Microsoft documentation, but I am struggling to find O365 used as IdP by itself, I mostly find integrations with other IdP to make it work with O365.

Azure integration with Microsoft 365 - Microsoft 365 Enterprise | Microsoft Docs

"Microsoft 365 uses Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage user identities behind the scenes. Your Microsoft 365 subscription includes a free Azure AD subscription so that you can integrate your on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) to synchronize user accounts and passwords or set up single sign-on. You can also purchase advanced features to better manage your accounts.

Azure AD also offers other functionality, like managing integrated apps, that you can use to extend and customize your Microsoft 365 subscriptions."

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello @RogerG ,

Thanks for posting,

But is O365 used for SSO or is Azure AD and hence Azure AD groups and son on.

Azure AD can be set up with Qlik Cloud as well as Qlik Sense client-managed (Tutorial: Azure AD SSO integration with Qlik Sense Enterprise Client-Managed - Microsoft Entra | Mic...)

Cheers,

Albert

RogerG
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply,

My understanding is that they are different, with Azure, you can add computers and other Non-User items, however O365 is geared to the Microsoft Office Suite so gives access to office products.    

We are currently using AD groups, but I am looking to use O365 instead.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @RogerG ,

Do you have any documentation?

Azure AD can manage users and be behind the scenes to manage O365 as is documented on Microsoft documentation, but I am struggling to find O365 used as IdP by itself, I mostly find integrations with other IdP to make it work with O365.

Azure integration with Microsoft 365 - Microsoft 365 Enterprise | Microsoft Docs

"Microsoft 365 uses Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage user identities behind the scenes. Your Microsoft 365 subscription includes a free Azure AD subscription so that you can integrate your on-premises Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) to synchronize user accounts and passwords or set up single sign-on. You can also purchase advanced features to better manage your accounts.

Azure AD also offers other functionality, like managing integrated apps, that you can use to extend and customize your Microsoft 365 subscriptions."

Cheers,

Albert

RogerG
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry, not sure I followed completely,   I am not looking to use Active Directory at all as adding a user to an AD group is painful here.  a ticket, 5 approvals and they always come back to me to ask "Is it OK to add them", but Office 365 groups are more open and accepted.  I would like to COMPLETELY remove AD groups from the picture

Albert_Candelario

I would still like to you to provide information on what solution exactly you would like to integrate with Qlik Sense as I am not able to find it or ensure of it what you are looking for.

Azure AD would not be as the "traditional" AD, but as IdP, so SSO solution that can be used on the Microsoft 365 application launcher among other once integrated.

Manage access to apps - Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Learn

If you bring more information on the exact product you are trying to integrate, we will be happy to have an extra look at it.

Cheers,

Albert

RogerG
Creator
Creator
Author

I need to analyze this statement in deeper detail, I am not sure how the backend for this would work.

the integration I am looking for is just user access to Qliksense, nothing more than that.  I have a user that has an AD account and an O365 account, we can authorize them through the AD account, but I am looking to get away from that due to managing that person in multiple corporate groups.

Section level security within the app is a secondary point, right now we are using excel.

Albert_Candelario

Sure @RogerG, kindly keep us posted in case there is anything else we might be able to assist you with or you have further details on the requirement.

Cheers,

Albert

RogerG
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry, had a family emergency, was out of work for a while.  I am looking into this with my development team