cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III

Qlik Sense connectivity via Office 365 SharePoint

Hi, I'm trying to connect Office 365 Sharepoint in Qlik Sense. Below are the steps performed. 

1. Creating a new data connection. 

2. Choosing the Office 365 SharePoint connector, and mention the base URL and choose the "select Account" prompt. 

3. Then its asked for authenticate, the code was generated. and copied that code. Pasted in the respective tab place. 

After that I'm facing the below error. 

" Error Verifying: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond 40.126.53.18:443"

Note: The IP getting changed whenever I tried. 

Please suggest. 

5 Replies
NellyAcko
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi you need to authenticate using the QLIK Web Connectors web portal 

Here is the official documentation:
Qlik Web Connectors | Qlik Connectors Help

The important part you missing is the authentication token as detailed below:

Supported offerings

• Qlik Sense Desktop
  • Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows
  • QlikView

This connector must be installed separately.

Ways to access your data

You need to authenticate the connection to access your Office 365 SharePoint data .

Do the following:

1. Enter the SharePoint base URL that you want to connect to, and click Authenticate.

2. Log in using your SharePoint account credentials.

3. Retrieve the authentication token and enter it into the connector.

Your credentials are stored in the Qlik Web Connectors.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @NellyAcko From where and how to retrieve the authentication token? I'm directly connected to Qlik Sense HUB. Already I mentioned the steps I followed. 

NellyAcko
Contributor III
Contributor III

Contact your company admin/support team they should be able to give you a internal webconnector link where you will be able to run the authentication.

balajibc64
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @NellyAcko It means Shall I want to install the connector separately in the Qlik Sense Server? 

If yes, We have already Office 365 SharePoint connector in the Qlik Sense Connection right?

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @balajibc64 ,

in your original error message: " failed because connected host failed to respond 40.126.53.18:443", this indicates you're having an issue connecting to graph.microsoft.com, being used by the SharePoint connector. Doing an ip-lookup on the listed ip address you will notice it's owned by Microsoft.

One potential root cause may be a web proxy preventing outbound communication to the listed ip address, which will require further investigation by your IT department.

Hope the above will give you some ideas on how to continue the investigation.

Best,

Björn