Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Privileges for the QlikView services on a Windows 2008 server

Hi group,

We are testing QlikView to find out if fit suit our needs. Today we installed the QlikView server (standard edition, 30 day license) on our Windows sever 2008. This must be done with administrator rights.

But now all the services (including the web server services) are running with this account as logon. This account is member of the group Administrators and the group QlikView administrators. Is this really necessary? A member of the Administrator group on a Windows 2008 server has all privileges and that is of course potential dangerous.

It seems to me that this level of right shouldn't be needed to let the QlikView server do its job. Especially for the web server services. Is a lower logon privilege possible for the QlikView services? Or can we run some of the services 'Local service' or 'Local System'?

Regards,
Freek

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have the same question. We ran into the same issue that we don't want to put a service account in the administrator group.

I'm very curious about an alternative

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, it is not. However, you will need to follow the attached document step by step to get it to work.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/6622.Minimum-security-permissions-needed-when-installing-QlikView-10-infrastructure.docx:550:0]

Also, this is not supported by QlikTech Support

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We use Qlikview-9, Is there also such a document (minimum security permissions needed) for this qlikview version (Version 9). But the document that you sent me is not a solution for my problem that the service account may not be a local administrator.

What I understand is :

1 It has to be a service account (logon as a service)

2. It has to be a local administrator.

In my situation only functional accounts can be local administrators.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am not sure what you are saying. The document is written to allow an account that is not a local admin to run the services. Yes, any account that runs a service has to be a service account and logon as a service.

Here is the document for version 9. The only real difference between the two are the port setup.

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/2844.Minimum-security-permissions-needed-when-installing-QlikView-9-infrastructure.docx:550:0]

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you,

This is what I needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill

What are the permissions to be enabled for running services for Qlikview 11?.

pls. share any doc if available.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have not done anything with this for version 11. I would think it would very close to being the same.

Bill

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Bill,

Oops, the page can't be found,

Display for your links!!!

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

I found the document for version 9.