• 149,703 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

App Development

DOUBLE CROSS TABLE

Hi everybody,I have an excel made in this way: shop owner Is the shop in city center? note Shop size note1 Are there enough sale item note2 a joh... Show More

Hi everybody,
    I have an excel made in this way:

shop owner Is the shop in city center? note Shop size note1 Are there enough sale item note2
    a john Y Near the church Small Little shop with lot of other activities near there Yes NA
    b james Y In the main Square Medium The shop is the biggeest in the Square No They sold everything on weekend
    c Juliette N In a very crowded neighborhood Large Inside shopping center Yes NA

the note refer to question "Is the shop in city center?"; note1 refer to "Shop Size", and note2 refer to "Are there enough sale item".
    I want to obtain a table like that:

shop owner question answer note
    a john Is the shop in city center? Y Near the church
    b james Is the shop in city center? Y In the main Square
    c Juliette Is the shop in city center? N In a very crowded neighborhood
    a john Shop size Small Little shop with lot of other activities near there
    b james Shop size Medium The shop is the biggeest in the Square
    c Juliette Shop size Large Inside shopping center
    a john Are there enough sale item Yes NA
    b james Are there enough sale item No They sold everything on weekend
    c Juliette Are there enough sale item Yes NA

Is possible to obtain it without using ALIAS? Maybe using the cell of excel like "A";"B";"C"....

Thank you so much
    BYE 🙂

Show Less
  • forum

App Development

Split Surname into Middle Last Name

Greetings Experts! The Surname field contains the majority of names but needs to be standardized to follow a consistent naming convention. Generally, ... Show More

Greetings Experts!

The Surname field contains the majority of names but needs to be standardized to follow a consistent naming convention. Generally, the first name is properly formatted, although sometimes the first name is included in the surname field, even though it's captured separately.

Furthermore, the middle name is often missing, and the surname typically holds most of the entries. However, there are occasional inconsistencies within this field, such as titles appearing at the end or unusual characters.

Nonetheless, the main goal is to primarily separate the surname into middle and last names

.Below is a data sample to provide a clearer understanding. Thanks in advance @marcus_sommer @rwunderlich @or  @steeefan  

Load * inline [
    First Name,Surname
    David, David N.O Plies
    Ivan,Ojo-Yaw
    Jim,Jim Jame Jones
    ESTATE,ESTATE OF Mke Peters-Sui
    Theresa,Theresa cols / Henry cols
    O.,O.J Johnson (Mrs.).
    lt. LT. Col Larson
    Duke,Duke L.T.Y
    Reagan,Rita Rosilina Addo ];

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Replicate

pass the lookup date field to the context column , ODBC with CDC Load

To implement CDC task ,we need to add a date filed in context column to retrieve the delta records. Currently there is not date field available in mai... Show More

To implement CDC task ,we need to add a date filed in context column to retrieve the delta records. Currently there is not date field available in main table so need to take the required date field from lookup table.

Is it possible to pass the lookup date field to the context column?

Type of connection : ODBC CDC

Sample Data for Main Table ,

idh_no idh_param idh_details tdh_type
    123 abc1 det1 typ1
    124 abc2 det2 typ2
    125 abc3 det3 typ3
    126 abc4 det4 typ4

Sample Data for Look up table,

inv_no inv_date prd_name
    123 4/30/2024 prd1  
    124 5/1/2024 prd2  
    125 5/2/2024 prd3  
    126 5/3/2024 prd4  

We need to pass the inv_date from the lookup table to to the context column to retrieve the delta in ODBC with CDC task

join condition is 

main.idh_no = lookup.inv_no

Show Less
  • forum

Connectivity & Data Prep

Issue with loading data from SSMS

Hello, I have an application built in Qlik Sense which is already connected to SSMS. There are already tables pulled over from SSMS, and many reports ... Show More

Hello,

I have an application built in Qlik Sense which is already connected to SSMS. There are already tables pulled over from SSMS, and many reports are built using that data. I am adding a new section in the data load editor, and I am trying to pull another table from SSMS and load it into Qlik Sense. However, every time I write my load script, it gives me an error. Interestingly, when I tried loading the same data into an empty application, it worked fine. What could be the problem preventing me from pulling the data into my existing application?

My load script is simple:

Load:

select ID, Rev1, Rev2,Rev3

From ABCTable

Where Year=2024 and Status= 'Active'

Thank you!

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

how to setup data security filters at user level in Qlik sense

Hi ,   I have a requirement  that when a user from a certain country logs into Qliksense and run the app , he should see data related to his country o... Show More

Hi ,

I have a requirement  that when a user from a certain country logs into Qliksense and run the app , he should see data related to his country only. Is this possible within Qliksense? When a user who doesn't have the mapping country executes the app , no data should be returned.

Best Regards

Vamsi

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Qlik QPI installer

I want to upgrade my existing version of Qlik Sense Enterprise from release February 2023 to February 2024. The existing version still uses the Postgr... Show More

I want to upgrade my existing version of Qlik Sense Enterprise from release February 2023 to February 2024. The existing version still uses the PostgreSQL 9.6 database. So I want to use the Qlik PostgreSQL Installer to upgrade and unbundle the PostgreSQL database.

I used version 1.3 instead of 1.4 of the QPI tool as my folder where Qlik is installed is not the default "C:\program files\qlik\sense" folder.

After a few minutes the QPI returns an error and refers to the log folder. Within this log folder in the install-postgresql.log file, the following lines are included:

-----------------------------------

Called ClearAcl (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\14\data)...
    Executing batch file 'rad811EC.bat'...
    C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\14\data NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:(I)(F)
    NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller:(I)(CI)(IO)(F)
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(I)(F)
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
    BUILTIN\Administrators:(I)(F)
    BUILTIN\Administrators:(I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
    BUILTIN\Users:(I)(RX)
    BUILTIN\Users:(I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(GR,GE)
    CREATOR OWNER:(I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
    APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES:(I)(RX)
    APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES:(I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(GR,GE)
    APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES:(I)(RX)
    APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES:(I)(OI)(CI)(IO)(GR,GE)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

Removing inherited ACLs on (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\14\data)
    Called Die(Failed to reset the ACL (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\14\data))...
    Failed to reset the ACL (C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\14\data)

Script stderr:
    Program ended with an error exit code

-----------------------------------

I'm an admin and I run the tool as administrator. Also I disabled UAC, but without any success. Please help.

Show Less
  • forum
  • forum

Connectivity & Data Prep

Web Connectors / 'Unknown error'

I am attempting to retrieve data using Web Connectors on QSE Windows.  I have a Google Sheets connection I have used successfully in the past, as rece... Show More

I am attempting to retrieve data using Web Connectors on QSE Windows.  

I have a Google Sheets connection I have used successfully in the past, as recently as 03-Aug-2021.

On 11-Aug-2021, attempting the same load from the Qlik Sense script editor returned 'Unknown error'.

I have made no changes to the load script since 03-Aug-2021. I have made no changes to the servers.

I can connect and retrieve data successfully in the Web Connectors UI with any of the following connectors:

• Google Drive and Spreadsheets (updated from GetWorksheet to GetSheetValues)
    • Google Drive and Spreadsheets (GetWorksheet V2)
    • JIRA
    • OneDrive
    • General Web Connector (attempted for testing)

Attempting to load from any Web Connectors, using the Data Connection previously created (https://my-server:5555) returns 'Unknown error'.  

Attempting to create a new 'Web Connector' data connection returns 'Unknown error'.

I don't know how to research the issue or where to find the relevant logs.

Any guidance or advice is appreciated.

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik AutoML

Qlik's ML Journey: Enrich your data with AutoML, LLM and MLOps

Hello Qlikkies, We are hosting a meetup event at the end of the month (May 30th) for the 4 groups I manage with @marksouzacosta: Atlanta, Boston, Dall... Show More

Hello Qlikkies,

We are hosting a meetup event at the end of the month (May 30th) for the 4 groups I manage with @marksouzacosta: Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Portland. We will discuss Qlik AutoML, Automations, LLMs, how this all work together from a Language perspective.

For more information, enter one the meetup groups and register for the event. Links follow:

Atlanta: Qlik Meetup - Atlanta | Meetup

Boston: Qlik Meetup - Boston | Meetup

Dallas: Qlik Meetup - Dallas | Meetup

Portland: Qlik Meetup - Portland | Meetup

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Qlik PostgreSQL Installer doesn't detect database

Hi, I want to upgrade my existing version of Qlik Sense Enterprise from release February 2023 to February 2024. The existing version still uses the Po... Show More

Hi,

I want to upgrade my existing version of Qlik Sense Enterprise from release February 2023 to February 2024. The existing version still uses the PostgreSQL 9.6 database. So I want to use the Qlik PostgreSQL Installer to upgrade and unbundle the PostgreSQL database.

I stopped all Qlik services except the Qlik Sense Repository Database. Then I start the QPI tool and at the first screen it displays 'No supported existing Qlik Sense PostgreSQL database found. This program will install a new PostgreSQL v14.8 database".

Why doesn't this QPI tool detect my existing database?

When I press next and fill out all fields, field 'database port' becomes red with message 'Database port already used by an external service in the system'. Port 4432 is used by the postgres.exe so then it detects?!

I have attached the pg_hba.conf and the postgresql.conf from folder "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6". Files are renamed with .txt to be able to upload.

Also I have tried to change the 'listen_addresses' line to 'listen_addresses = '*' without any luck.

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Qlik Data Integration & Qlik Replicate story

Qlik enables a frictionless migration to AWS cloud by Empresas SB, a group of Chilean health and beauty retail companies employing 10,000 people with 600 points of sale.

Customer Story

Building a Collaborative Analytics Space

Qlik Luminary Stephanie Robinson of JBS USA, the US arm of the global food company employing 70,000 in the US, and over 270,000 people worldwide.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!