Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execute command in the script requires System Access...

Hi,

I use the following command in the script: Execute cmd.exe /C Move_Winners.cmd

In addition, I checked in the Setting Tab (also in the script window) "Can Execute External Programs"

Also, in the the Setting --> User Preferences --> Security tab I checked the "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)"

When I run afterwards the document it runs OK.

But after a while, when i try to run the document again, the Checkbox of "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)" is unchecked by itself (the same one I Checked it before!), and we get the following pop-up message: "The script in this document requires system access to work....", and only after I manually press a button says "Give System Access", the Document continues to run

Why is that? I can't figure out how the "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)" checkbox "forgets" its setting...

Thanks,

Guy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

better later than ever..

In the QV document: Settings-> User Perferences -> Security Tab - > check Script(Allow Database Write and execute Statements)

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure my response will help...  Anyway...

As you properly described, this property is in User settings.  That means, it is not a Document setting, hence it is not stored in QV application.  If you copy the same application onto a different machine or login into the same machine as a different user - the modified User settings are not there.  You get the default setings.

If the machine is the same and you login as the same user - I don't have answer.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

So how can I check the checkbox "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)" as a defualt to be valid for all the documents in the BI server ?

Thanks,

Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, I was talking about the QV Desktop, not the server.

So, for the Desktop, the User settings are valid for all documents - for the current User on this machine.

As for the QlikView Server - I can't tell for sure where the settings are.  Try to post your question on the "Deployment and Management".

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Guy, did you ever get this resolved, as I am experiencing the same problem. Please post thread if you received a solution

Cheers,

Byron

Not applicable
Author

better later than ever..

In the QV document: Settings-> User Perferences -> Security Tab - > check Script(Allow Database Write and execute Statements)

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

better later than ever.. It works