Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonseril
Creator
Creator

animated scatter chart popup labels

Hello all,

I have an animated scatter charts in my qlikview document. When I paused (monthly) the animation and checked the labels of each dimension, the pop-up label shows the previous month values. Please refer to attached image files.

Month 1

error loading image

Month 2

error loading image

Month 3

error loading image

Month 4

error loading image

Is this a bug or a WAD? This should only display the current month value, excluding the previous values.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

7 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Jason,

I tried to replicate what you saw in the antimated scatterplot in the Online Sales.qvw example, but no luck. When I'm in the second frame of Q2 - 2006, I only see the data for that period. So maybe it is something you can configure or a bug in a previous patch. I'm using V9 SR3.

Regards.

jasonseril
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the effort. Can you try to play with all the states and pause each quarter? I opened the said qvw and please find image below. I'm also using V9 SR3

regards,

jason

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Jason,

I did some further tests, and you're right, I think you might have found a bug. I went to the same time period 2006-Q4 and got the pop-up to bring me different results depending on the position of my mouse. If I positioned my mouse a little below the bubble the data if gave me was from a past period (2006-Q2) (Look at the attached picture). If I dragged the mouse a little higher the data in the pop-up was from the current and past period 2006-Q4 and 2006-Q2) and finally if the mouse was placed directly over the bubble it finally returned just the data from 2006-Q4.

I couldn't replicat exacly what you saw, but as I was moving the timeline back and forth between 2006-Q4, I saw that the data in the pop-up would usually change each different time I stopped on 2006-Q4

Well, now I have another reason to avoid animated graphics. If it's important to you, I would report it to QlikView Support.

Regards.

jasonseril
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Karl,

Thanks again, and yes it's kind of important. Please post here the results of your report to support. 🙂

Kind regards,

jason

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Jason,

Your best bet is you use the screenshot above since it shows a popup with incorrect data since it shows Q2 sales instead of the Q4 sales it should be showing. In any case, here's an example I generated that is similar to what you are seeing.

Good luck

jasonseril
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Karl,

Ok, but I thought you will report this to support. 🙂 Anyway, thanks again Karl.

Have a nice day!

Jason^^

Not applicable

for this animation chat we need to install any new version. I am using QV 11, My customer is looking for this type of animation chat kindly attach few samples like scatter charts or let me know is there any thing i need to install.