Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide Sheets and open them on button click

How can i hide certain sheets and when i click on a button i want to display that sheet.  Also when I click on a different button i want to hide the sheet that was just displayed and open the sheet that the button is connected too?  Sorry I am new to Qlikview.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is actually pretty easy!

First, you want to turn off Tabs. Go to Settings, Document Properties, General, and click 'Hide Tabrow'.

Next, you want to create the buttons that will allow you to switch between tabs.

Simply create a button or text object, go to Actions, click Add Action, select type Layout, and pick "Activate Sheet".

Then you just type in the Sheet ID that you want the button to switch you to, and you're all set.

Consider googling the question before you ask it, though - a quick google search turned up a bunch of very similar results to this when I searched 'qlikview hide tab'.

Not applicable
Author

Create a variable vhidesheet and set it to 1. On the Sheet Properties->General Tab, set conditional and assign the variable vhidesheet.  Create a button and add action External->Set Variable. Pick variable vhidesheet.  In the value field, type the expression  =If(vhidesheet = 1, 0,1)  that will hide or display the sheet.

Not applicable
Author

Oh, that'd work too. That would be better if cbrune wanted to let users pick between several different sheets at a time (that changed based on clicks), instead of navigating from sheet to sheet via button clicks.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Shivanand.