Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Types of Bookmarks

Hi

Any one can tell me how many types of bookmarks and with some detail explanation.

thanks in advance

Sakthi

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sakthi.hc

You can explore the bookmark types by yourself. If you expand the Bookmark menu in QlikView desktop, you will have an option called More:

Capture.JPG

If you explore the More... option, you will see the following screen:

Untitled.jpg

By looking at this screen, you will have a fair idea of the answer. Point to be noted: I am using QlikView desktop personal edition which is not connected to any QlikView server. That is why I cannot see the other bookmark types, namely My Server Bookmarks, Shared Server Bookmarks and My Temporary Bookmarks (most probably, these are the bookmarks sent via email).

I can give you the difference between the displayed bookmarks but about the server bookmarks functionality, I can assume but I am not 100% sure and hence not commenting.

Document bookmark is like an integral property of the document. Whoever opens the document (locally or from srver) can see the Document bookmarks.

User bookmark is specific to the user who created it as well as to the computer where it was created. If some other user opens the document it would not be aailable to him. Also, if the document is moved or renamed, the bookmark won't be available.

Please let me know if this helps.

Message was edited by: Anirban Pal

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sakthi,

Please have a glance below...

- Document Bookmark

- User Bookmarks

- Personal Server Bookmark

- Shared Server Bookmark

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Document bookmarks

are stored inside the qvw document. They will always be available to whoever opens the document locally or from a QlikView Server.

User bookmarks

are stored separately on the user’s computer. They will only be available to the user who created them on the computer where they were created. If the document is moved or renamed all personal bookmarks related to it will be lost.

Personal Server bookmarks

are only available when working with a document on QlikView Server and only to authenticated users. They are stored in a repository on the server and are accessible to the user from any computer where authenticated.

Shared Server bookmarksare only available when working with a document on QlikView Server and only to authenticated users. Any user who has created a personal server bookmark may flag this as shared to other users. They will then become available to other users. Just like personal server bookmarks shared server bookmarks are stored in a repository on the server.
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Nice question and very helpful one

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the information. Its really nice to kick start with these simple steps and understand the software better.

1. Document BookMark: linked to Document

2. User Bookmark: Linked to User

3. Private Server Bookmark: Linked to User on a server

4. Shared Bookmark: Can be used by all users on a server.

Note. Bookmark get deleted if underlying document is deleted/renamed/removed.

Thanks all again for clarifying