Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstrickland
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Title Bar in QlikView Desktop

All,

I am looking to update the document title bar in QlikView desktop. I would like to remove the QlikView icon, QlikView Text, and the document title entirely. I can settle for leaving the QlikView icon and version text, but I cannot display the document title.

Under the document properties, you can update the document title. However when the document title is set to a null value, the path of the document is shown. Also, placing an empty string will display "[ *]" in the title bar.

Title bar.PNG

Is there a way to update the title to accomplish any of the below layouts?

Preferred Displays

Possible Outcomes.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The asterisk is shown when the document changes. Once you save the document it will disappear. The square brackets will stay though. You can't get rid of this unless you're willing to hack the qv.exe executable. That's also where you'll find the qlikview icon.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The asterisk is shown when the document changes. Once you save the document it will disappear. The square brackets will stay though. You can't get rid of this unless you're willing to hack the qv.exe executable. That's also where you'll find the qlikview icon.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
cstrickland
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you. I assumed that was the case.

Maxibon85
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Any ideas?

Maxibon85
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I would like to remove the QlikView icon and QlikView Text in title bar qv desktop. Any Ideas?