Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOGICAL DISJUNCTION - LOGICAL "OR"

hello everybody.

my question: let's say i have a database with 6 coloumns (i.e. 6 fields) F1, F2, F3, ..., F6 and a N number of entries (rows). i'd like to count any row ONLY IF each one contains a value greater than X. if i was in MS Excel i'd write a formula in a seventh coloumn/field like this: =IF(OR(F1,1>X; F2,1>X);1;0).

how can i translate this in a Qlik expression?

i tried searching the guide but i didn't find anything helpful for me...

thanx

9 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Are you asking something like this

=IF(count(N) >  x , Fields)

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Check with this

Count({<F1={">0"}>+<F2={">0"}>+<F3={">0"}>+<F4={">0"}>+<F5={">0"}>+<F6={">0"}>} F1)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this to count the records with this condition

=sum(if(-rangesum(F1>X,F2>X,F3>X,F4>X,F5>X,F6>X)=6,1,0))

with X being a variable in QV (or replace with a constant number to compare).

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

You can use stephen (swuehl) suggestion also. With little change based on your requirement

=sum(if(-rangesum(F1>X,F2>X,F3>X,F4>X,F5>X,F6>X)>0,1,0))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

These expressions are not equivalent, because the requirement is IMHO not clear.

Mine should return the count of records where all fields (F1 to F6) are showing values > X, while the set expression or the last one should return the count of records where any Field show a value larger X.

It's probably a matter of how to interprete the OP request. I was focusing on

"i'd like to count any row ONLY IF each one [added here: field] contains a value greater than X"

and interpreted this according to my first statement (all fields > X).

Looking at the Excel function, you might conclude something else.

Stefan

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Stefan,

Yes. You have written based on your understanding (All rows greater than X) which is perfect.

I interpret his requirement as any rows greater than X. So I changed based on that.

And this type of expression long time ago I learned from your post only but i didn't thought of here.

Thanks

Celambarasan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi! thank you everybody!

i meant that i'd like to count a record (row) only if one or more fields contain values greater than X (X is a numeric value). thinking at the logical OR as a "+" and at the logical AND as a "*" i'd say Celambarasan Adhimulam's answer is the nearest to my need... but i'm gonna try and let you know...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

no way, tried "copy and paste" with your formulas but none worked... i'd like to create an expression to use like a filter in a multibox object; i'd like this expression to count 1 if one or more fields of each row contains a value greather than  given "X"... that's all, a logical "OR"...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The expressions worked for me in principal.

Maybe 'X', or the way you define it, is an issue here? How do you define it?

Or is 'X' another field? If so, how is this field linked to the other fields?