Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you edit a bookmark's selections?

When I go to the bookmark menu, select a bookmark, and      "Edit" , it opens an "Edit Text" dialog, which does not let me change the selections for a bookmark.

It appears that the only way I can add a new rep to my list of Sales Reps is create an entirely new bookmark, which means I then have to go and adjust my activation triggers for every sheet, for a number of reports. This is a pain.

Surely there's a better way to do this. At a minimum, if I have to delete the old bookmark (say, BM04), after creating the new bookmark, I'd like to assign it to BM04, but it would be much easier if I could just add the new rep's data to the existing bookmark. Is either of these possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
goldnejea8
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You could "Replace" the current bookmark, which is essentially updating it.  Just make the selections you want, and from the Bookmarks menu, select "Replace Bookmark", and select the bookmark you want to replace (or update).  Doing it this way also keeps the IDs the same so you will not have to adjust your triggers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
goldnejea8
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You could "Replace" the current bookmark, which is essentially updating it.  Just make the selections you want, and from the Bookmarks menu, select "Replace Bookmark", and select the bookmark you want to replace (or update).  Doing it this way also keeps the IDs the same so you will not have to adjust your triggers.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that will save a lot of work!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there - how do I access the bookmark menu?