Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Logitude and Latitude other than GeocodeResponse?

Hello Everyone,

Is there any free resource to get the database for  longitude and latitude of different countries....i have been using Google api for extractig lon lat but it has some limitations . I don't know how much for the day? i am trying to get the values now and its returning me no values. Any one know about other resources we can use...? I have only problem with these long lat values...everything else is working fine.

Thanks,

Sal

3 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Sal, Yes, you can avail longitude and latitude via url [http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=$(address)&output=xml&oe=utf8&sensor=false&key=XXYYZZ]. Please find the attached qv file for information. Hope it helps. Regards. Sivasankar k

Not applicable
Author

thanks siva sankar   for the guidance..Can you tell me any limitation of getting data from this api like it was  2500 with other api i was using?

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Yes, it has limitation of 2500 keys per day. You have to purchase a premier license, which starts at $10,000 a year if I am not mistaken. If you just want to add maps to a QlikView document, it may be a better choice to use GeoQlik (www.geoqlik.com) to do this.