I've released an updated version of the language definition that should now support all keywords, statements and functions as well as line and block comments. Details and links here http://www.qlikviewaddict.com/2012/05/qlikview-for-notepad-update.html
I've released version 0.3 which removes the escape character "\" from the language definition as it isn't needed for QlikView syntax highlighting and caused issues if the "\" appeared in the script. Details and links here http://www.qlikviewaddict.com/2012/06/qlikview-for-notepad-update.html
Since I've had no reports of issues I'm now releasing Version 1.0. A few minor tweaks have been included in this release that weren't in version 0.4. Most notably "REM" was removed from the keywords list to prevent incorrect highlighting of it. Download links and instructions available here http://www.qlikviewaddict.com/p/qlikview-notepad.html
I've released a new major update (version 2.0) with the following improvements:
- Improved code section folding
- Improvements to keyword combinations to prevent incorrect highlighting (eg. INFO should not be highlighted unless it is followed by LOAD of SQL)
- Added missing "GROUP BY" keyword
- Number formats support hex even though no formatting is shown for numbers within QlikView by default (prevents correct highlighting if appears in a string).
- Auto-completion of all keyworods and functions
- Tool tips shown for most commonly used functions (including colour, string, aggregation, numeric, inter-record and many other functions).
As before, download links and instructions available here http://www.qlikviewaddict.com/p/qlikview-notepad.html
Notepad++ version 6.4.1 was released recently and contains some exciting new additions.Top of the list is the new function list which has been awaited for a while now and is a popular feature in many other code editors (including UltraEdit).
Because of these changes I've released a new version of the QlikView language definition v2.1 to support them where possible. This is another significant update and includes:
- New function list support allowing Notepad++ to show subroutines, qualify and unqaulify statements, table loads, info loads, mapping loads and store statements all identified within the function list.
- Removed some functions from the auto-complete file as they are only valid in expressions not the script.
- Changed priority of highlighting to fixed issue with some keywords not highlighting correctly
- Fixed some minor issues with keywords being highlighted when they were shown in the wrong positions.
- Added tool tips for some additional functions.
This version has the following known limitiations:
- The if() function cannot be differentiated from the IF...ENDIF statement and thus will be shown as a collapsible block with an incorrect end point.
- Tool tips are not available for all functions. Remaining functions to be added in a future release.
As usual, download links and instructions available here http://www.qlikviewaddict.com/p/qlikview-notepad.html
I've just released a new version of the QlikView Notepad++ Language Definition. Version 2.3 contains the following minor fixes/functionality:
- Solved an issue with correct highlighting of nested function calls. Added comma "," as an operator to correct issue with function names not being highlighted correctly when it immediately follows a comma inside another function call.
- Added missing function tool tips. All functions should now provide both auto completion and tool tips.
- Removed the ability to fold IF statements because of an issue where Notepad++ tries to collapse if() functions which causes the collapsing to fail.
Additionally, I have moved the project to GitHub and have added it to http://branch.qlik.com/ too. As always, head over to the Notepad++ Language Definition page (or Branch) for the download link and instructions.
A new version of the QlikView Notepad++ Language Definition has been released to correct some minor issues. Version 2.4 contains the following minor fixes/functionality:
- Added the missing keyword "IN"
- Added the missing function "filelist()"
- Other minor code improvements.
As always, head over to the Notepad++ Language Definition page on QlikViewAddict.com (or Branch) for the download link and instructions. New versions of my other syntax highlighters to follow shortly.
A short comment on an issue I've faced recently:
Trying to read QVC.qvs with Notepad++ I've noticed that the Fold All command (and others around the collapse functionality ) in Notepad++ is acting a little bit strange in the following directions:
1. "Fold All" (over QVC.qvs), should show almost only SUB rows. (Perhaps some additional global variable definitions.)
Well, if you look at the very first SUB AsOfTable, it seems that some of the rows are not collapsed as it should.
2. I've noticed FOR is collapsable, but IF it's not.
Is this work as intended ? Can also IF become collabsable ?
Considering you had an important impact on QVC development, I thought this input can be relevant for you.
A feedback from you will be highly appreciated.