Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview between dates filter

Hi,

I have a report in which I have a date field processed date. I want to create a calandar object, where the user can select a start date, end date and the filter should be applied based on the range between start date and end date. At the moment, If I select a date, the report shows data for that date. However, I want to update this calandar so that the user can select a start date and end date and the chart should show data between those two dates. What is the function or method to acheive this functionality

Regards

Arif

2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Arif

One way to do this is to define two variables (assuming you have a date field called Date):

• vMinDate:   =Min(Date)
  • vMaxDate   =Max(Date)

The use set analysis in the expressions to limit the data between these two dates. For example:

• Sum({<Date = {">=$(=Date(vMinDate)) <=$(=Date(vMaxDate))"}>} Sales)

If you have other date related fields linked to Date (such as Month, Year), you may need to override their selection with

• Sum({<Date = {">=$(=Date(vMinDate)) <=$(=Date(vMaxDate))"}, Year=, Month= >} Sales)

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The attached example illustrates this

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein