Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Report to list all dashboard users and dashboards

Hi all, I've been tasked with building a QV report that shows users and the number of dashboards they have access to.  I was using the QlikView Operations Monitor dashboard that came with QV9 and am using AuthenticatedUser and DocumentName as dimensions and just doing a count of the number of distinct dashboards.  This works fine, but I am seeing authenticated users who have been removed from the dashboard access but are still showing up on the count. 

Does any one know which field represents valid current recipients of a dashboard? Thanks.

Don

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Don,

This can be very tricky as the Ops Monitor loads from the log files that are created as users use the dashboards; so at the time of the log files being created the users did have access to the dashboard in question even if that has now been revoked - it's essentially a historical view.

The solution I've seen implemented to meet SOX compliancy etc integrates with the local AD Server to enable us to show both who has accessed a dashboard and crucially who could access a dashboard via relevant folder permissions. Unfortunately this is a bespoke implementation for our AD Group setup so other than the idea won't really be relevant and it would be a security risk so I can't really post an example.

Alternatively you could look at some of the additional data returned in the Meta layer (search for 'Meta Model' or similar) but from what I've seen it can't help; especially if you have 'Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment' checked as Qlikview has no idea who could potentially be assigned a CAL.

I believe via QV11 you may be able to view CAL assignments in a more unified manner via the Mgmt Console but getting the data into a dashboard would be another matter.

Hope the AD Group recommendation proves useful,

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Qlikview Design Blog: http://QVDesign.wordpress.com

Twitter: @QlikviewBI

View solution in original post

3 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Don,

This can be very tricky as the Ops Monitor loads from the log files that are created as users use the dashboards; so at the time of the log files being created the users did have access to the dashboard in question even if that has now been revoked - it's essentially a historical view.

The solution I've seen implemented to meet SOX compliancy etc integrates with the local AD Server to enable us to show both who has accessed a dashboard and crucially who could access a dashboard via relevant folder permissions. Unfortunately this is a bespoke implementation for our AD Group setup so other than the idea won't really be relevant and it would be a security risk so I can't really post an example.

Alternatively you could look at some of the additional data returned in the Meta layer (search for 'Meta Model' or similar) but from what I've seen it can't help; especially if you have 'Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment' checked as Qlikview has no idea who could potentially be assigned a CAL.

I believe via QV11 you may be able to view CAL assignments in a more unified manner via the Mgmt Console but getting the data into a dashboard would be another matter.

Hope the AD Group recommendation proves useful,

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Qlikview Design Blog: http://QVDesign.wordpress.com

Twitter: @QlikviewBI

Not applicable
Author

Matt, Thank you for your excellent response.  This confirms what I was seeing in the report I developed.  I'll look into the other alternatives.  I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something in the all of the available data.

jbeierschmitt
Contributor III
Contributor III

We just moved from QlikView 9 to QlikView 11 - is there an updated QlikView Operations Monitor?